1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the site

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by samhazy, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samhazy

samhazy Member

I have been on antidepressants since 1995 and whenever I have tried to go off of them, it has been a disaster and I am back on them. I have learned to live with that.

I lost my Mum in 1999 (metastatic breast cancer) and my Dad in 2005 (colon cancer). I have an older sister who is autistic who, thank goodness, does not live with me. I don't know how we survived as a family when she lived with us. Autism is a very strange condition and the obsessive/compulsive dimensions of it are really trying for those around the autistic person. She is a big part of the reason I never married or had children. The thought of having a child like her is terrifying.

I have been battling melanoma since 1995. The constant vigilance is tiring. In 1997 I was diagnosed with a pituitary adenoma. In 2000 I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and in 2009 with hypertension. Quit smoking in 2007 and have since gained 200 pounds. Food soothes me for a short time but then I come back to earth and hate myself more.

My boss, who was also a very dear friend, died suddenly in July at age 53. He had become like family to me and I miss him daily.

Between the health issues and the feeling of being almost alone in this world, I find myself checking train schedules more and more frequently xxxxxx. I don't understand why I can't get any help from my doctors and I struggle every day to get up for work so I can pay the bills to do it all again tomorrow. I'm having more and more trouble figuring out what it is all about and I truly feel I have nothing good to look forward to.

Hoping to hear from some of you who have been where I am and found a way out other than the train thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I have had many losses myself, so I do know how this feels...please PM me if I can be there for you

3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Welcome. :)

4. kmj221

kmj221 Well-Known Member

Welcome!!!! You will find this site insiteful at times and overwhelming at times. Always remember to take care of yourself first. Welcome again.
    :IrishDoll: kmj221

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.