New to this forum, but need some advise

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by iivasser, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iivasser

iivasser New Member

I am 35 years old female, and I live in Florida. In December of last year my husband and I lost our jobs. My husband found another job but he had to take 60% pay cut. Two days ago I found out that my Unemployment will not be extended and I still do not have a job. My car broke down on Thursday of last week. I have no friends, very disfunctional family, and my marriage is falling apart. Considering everything else, I am suffering from severe depression and I can not even go see a doctor since I do not have insurance. The only choice I have is to take my life. I am not sure what else I can do, since most of the things is out of my control. Help!!!!!!

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum....I'm sorry things are all going wrong for you but there is always hope....taking your life is not the only choice..
    stay and talk to us and maybe we can help support you through this..

3. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

I am really sorry things are going badly for you right now, but things will get better. The economy will get better, jobs will come back, and you will be able to get help. There are a lot of places out there that work off a sliding scale for therapy. Have you checked any clinics in your area? PM if you need to talk, welcome to the forum :)

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You should write down your thoughts and go to the AER..They will have you speek to someone in mental health..If they see you are going to commit they will admit you.. Then you will see a pdoc and a therapist.. They will probably put you on meds..When it's time to discharge you they can help set up a support system..They can help you get medicaid..I live in Florida and they have an organization called ACT.. Thats where I get my mental health help and my meds.. All I have is a small copay..I'm not sure how it works on medicaid..Please don't harm yourself!! Go to the hospital and let them read what you have written..Take Care!!!

5. lbc213

lbc213 Member

things you are feeling now are normal, think about it, things can only go so low before they start to come up. cheer up, u live in a developed safe country, it will be alright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.