New to this forum

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by justgettinby, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justgettinby

justgettinby Well-Known Member

Hi, all. I'm new to this forum. But I thought I'd post something, see if I could find anything helpful. I'm a cutter. I started 4 years ago, but hadn't done it for a couple years until my fiancee broke up with me a few months ago. Cutting is like crack for me. I enjoy the pain, because I can UNDERSTAND why I hurt. I use a butter knife to lower the risk of hitting an artery, and maximize pain. I've thought about finding alternative ways to hurt myself without leaving marks (ice, rubber bands, etc) but I have to admit that I like having the scars and seeing the blood. Maybe I just want someone to notice and intervene. I had one friend notice, but all he said was that there are better ways to deal with things, and hasn't talked about it since. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I don't know if I even want to stop cutting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008
  2. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Interventions.... let's see.... so pain is like a drug? Well, usually when there's a problem you're put into a place where they can lower your freedom to commit the act & monitor you constantly.... like a hospital! Do you know that hospitals/treatment centers are like prison for ppl with problems? I know. When they take away your freedom to do something as simple as listening to music.... that's not enjoyable. Being there is like bein in hell. If you'd like to try it go cut yourself in front of someone in authority, or anyone who really cares for you... noticed but did nothing? Afraid maybe? I'm not a cutter, persay..... but have cut more than once in my lifetime. The last time I was put away for it, & it was severly minor. If I can scare you w/ all this I will.
    And all the time spent with first aid crap(if you do that) isn't it annoying? Aren't there more enjoyable things you could be doing w/ your time? Do you have to hide it? Like only do it when you're alone for enough time? It's not exactly like drug addiction, where you can grab a buddy & do it together... hiding in the bathroom cleaning up blood sounds awful.

3. justgettinby

justgettinby Well-Known Member

That actually did hit home a bit for me. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.