New to this "help" thing....

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Typical, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typical

Typical New Member

Today I found myself doing something ive Never done before... looking for help for my depression and growing thoughts of suicide. For far longer than I care to admit to myself, Ive suffered from self diagnosed manic depression. I say that since Ive never actually seeked psychiatric help or counseling of any kind anywhere from the personal or professional level, so Im simply guessing given what research Ive done.

That being said, Ive thought about help before but always ended doing the "bottle it up" routine. Which admittedly kinda works.... for a few months, until I reach the overflow limit and it all comes crashing out like hurricane waves against cliffs of glass effectively shattering my perfect little home made prison Ive developed. However once the storm ceases, I ultimately repeat the cycle. Year after year.

Anyways, through my search I found myself stumbling through this forum site and nigh instantly decided now is the time to do something about it. Unfortunately Im broke as a common place street-rat so professional help is still not a possibility... but in turn I open myself to the unknown masses of this site in the hopes I can find some form of internal solace if only as a temporary reprive for my ongoing, self inflicted mental anguish.

I guess what I mean to say is Hi....
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HiTypical good to see you reaching out for support lots of understanding here
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi, and welcome to SF!!
  4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

:) Hi and Hi and Hi, :) Welcome, you have certainly come to the right place - there are many here on the same page, honey :)
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I don't know where you are from so can't give much advice on getting help without finances. I do know most places do have some kind of help through community services or churches etc. I am glad you are at least trying to find something. Joining our forum is a good start as you can post about your thoughts and feelings and receive feedback from those who have found themselves in similar situations. Knowing you are not alone can bring you some comfort. I hope you continue to post here and gain the support we can offer. Take care and stay safe.:hug:
  6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

welcome typicval.. if you in US possible you might qualify for help thru the medicaid program.. also like gentlelady said services maybe found at local mental health center at almost no cost to you.. in the meantime we have many members who are bipolar.. look thru the forums and there is one about many metnal illnesses whih contantains some posts on bipolar..

typical many of us here suffer from real mental illnesses..some really still suffering.. some also that are doing much better now..we not goign to judge you or put you donw at all.. is it safe here.. only thing we want is the truth and for you to join in with us here.. looik around some and got any questions please let us know.. glad to have yo uwith us.. take care, Jim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.