New to this site, old to these feelings

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by bexilex, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bexilex

bexilex Member

I am Bex, I have been suicidal for longer than I can remember. The one thing that stops me is the fact that I know what it is like to lose a parent to suicide, I was 10 when my Dad killed himself in a double suicide with his girlfriend, other family members have also killed themselves (Aunt, Uncle and cousin), all same side of the family. I have researched a bit online, they say suicide doesn't run in familys, I beg to differ or maybe its just depression, I dont know, all I DO know is that every day I want to die and every day is a living hell
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun the trait can run in ones family but with support you can not follow that same path. You can start a new trait for your family okay with help you can learn a different path to follow hugs
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Bex, nice to have you here on SF. I have also been suicidal for a long time, and my stepdad killed himself, so I can relate to how you're feeling. Sorry you are going through such a tough time, but I hope you can find the help you're looking for here.
  4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hello Bex and welcome to SF.
  5. bexilex

bexilex Member

Hi, thanks for your support, it is more often than not difficult for people with no experience of suicide or suicidal feeling to understand how you feel (and sometimes the more they try the more frustrating it feels for you). But on the plus side I have woken today in a positive mood and I will be trying to hold on to it for as long as I can, the sun is shining so I will take myself for a walk and absorb some much need vitamin D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.