new to this site

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by shadow1122, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow1122

shadow1122 Member

i dont know how to put this i guess im going through hell i dont know my life is like a nightmarish episode of the twlight zone i have suffered from major depression for about 37 years and feel as if i cant take anymore i have no friends no family and i dont even have a real name because i was adopted when i was young i dont know what else to say im overwhelmed
  2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Welcome! :) I hope you find this place to be quite supportive. I wish you well, and I understand that you're suffering. Take care and stay safe. :hugtackles: Oh, and last but not least, thank you for introducing yourself. I'm Alex, nice to meet you. :shake:
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and glad you found us...there are so many of us who understand the horrific nature of depression...I am sure as you share your story you will find many people who can relate...welcome again, J
  4. Cowburn

Cowburn Well-Known Member

Hi Shadow and welcome to SF, I hope you find this forum useful :)
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi you nice to have you her hun. You are not alone now okay lots of caring people here so please keep reaching out okay we care. hugs
  6. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF Shadow,

I hope you'll find some comfort and understanding at SF. Keep posting, sharing helps a lot.
  7. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

Hi welcome to sf :hug:
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums SHadow!!
  9. toopainfultolive

toopainfultolive Well-Known Member

welcome shadow! hang in there :)
  10. samhazy

samhazy Member

I totally sympathize with the "feeling overwhelmed". Been there for sure.

I don't understand the part about not having a real name though. I hope that the people who adopted you were kind and loving. If so, having their name means something, don't you think? They loved you whether or not your birth parents did/didn't. To quote Shakespeare "what is in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet". You are you, no matter if you have a name or a number. You count and your name is real too.

Have you tried any of those places that help you find your birth family? It sounds as if this is something that is eating at you so maybe you could try and find some answers.

Best of luck and hang in there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.