New UK Anti-Immigration Tactic

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by justMe7, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Catch dem illegals fast!

Funniest thing I've read all day. Sorta concerning though from my point of view. Obviously it's an issue here. I just worry about tactics like this because they are bluntly in the face of everyone, especially citizens being bombarded like this. Plus it's sorta scary, it's quite a public jump. They're not just informing illegal immigrants, but everyone.
    Interesting tact. . Though when I first moved to the UK I saw a bulletin at a bus stop literally asking people to become snitches and get paid by police officers. Or another one saying If you abuse houseing benifits, they will find you.

Gotta love these acceptable tactics. So friendly :D :(

2. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

That is amazing. "Gee, the message on that van says I have to go home. Better pack my bags." Won't make the slightest bit of difference. They know the risks when they come here and they also know they can get away with it. A poster is just laughable.

3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Just wait until 2015. The way its going at the moment UKIP and the conservatives will be in a coalition, unless Labour can get rid of that tory thats leading their party

4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Why I feel the need to be vocal here? Because it's happened for too long before anything is done about it. And when something is done, it's geared towards helping them. Too soft an approach.

Two things that stand out for me in that quoted block of text from the source..

"In the UK illegally? Go home or face arrest" - ok - so instead of doing the job properly in the first place, these people get into the country, and are exempt from arrest if they follow the procedure in place.

Following on from that:-

"We can help you return home voluntarily without fear of arrest or detention." - and then wonder why the people who live here can come up with the assessment that helping our national citizens seems to come under that of helping others who are not legally entitled to it?

Gah, as much as I do want equality and such, there should be no such aid for those who chance their arm and get in this country illegally. Do it by the book and I won't have an issue. Do it illegally, the first thing that should be done if found is arrested and sent packing.

This sends a bad message - illegal immigration is rewarded with help

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
  5. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

This is all so annoying, I do not give a shit about illegal immigrants, benefit cheats, single mothers that pop out 90 babies and have them all write back ache and depression on benefits forms. I do not care about terrorism bogeymen wanting to put bombs in your children’s shoes because they hate our freedom and hide in every mosque plotting manically. Or care about a mass immigrant crime wave that will sink England under the weight of numbers that are apparently coming here. I do not care about the latest handbag or celebrity gossip. I do not care about the royals and their baby that will never know what it is like to go to school hungry. I sure as hell don't care about empty rhetoric spilling from governments mouths that are so deep in confirmation bias and every other fallacy known to man that there is no reasoning left.

Nor should you, this is all divide and rule to the point we are turning on each other, fighting over increasingly dwindling scraps. As long as I am not starving why should I care? All the While the real crime is being committed. One we will never come back from as a country.

Pay attention.

Right now your very right to any semblance of justice is being entirely undermined. There have been 350 milllion cuts in legal aid. CAB has lost 86% of it's funding and as a result there are mass layoffs and closures.

This is just one tiny fragment of what that means. There will be no legal aid for fathers undergoing a separation. Those wishing to have full or partial custody of their children will have to represent themselves. Will a CAB be available to help you do that? Been laid off from work and your former employer is making up lies about you? Do you know how to defend yourself against that? Can you afford representation? If not, chances of justice for you are slim, those lies are clearly true, good luck in the job market.

It gets worse if the next set of reforms get through. Do you even know about these reforms that will entirely rewrite our justice system into something unrecognisable?

Solicitors will no longer be paid for their legal aid work. Instead there will be implemented flat fees. Meaning why bother putting a good case together if you get the same rate any way, plead guilty means the unscrupulous can make more money. Large contractors will gobble up the legal aid market. G4S are waiting in the wings to take on your case. There is no conflict of interest there, they don't at all own prisons... or get paid on the basis of how full they are...

This is all so shockingly bad that even the Crown Prosecution Service have stated. 'Legal aid reforms could undermine fundamental principles of justice.'

I so need to look into emigrating, but finding anywhere running on common sense and human decency is proving difficult.

6. justMe7

Strange... this would be horrendous driving through your neighbourhood. It'd make me feel uncomfortable having to take that in. Luckily it's only for a week. I bet they purposely made the ad look bad because if they made it look too officaly it might parallel SS personas. Looks like something from a furniture campaign.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk-news/2013/jul/29/go-home-campaign-illegal-immigrants

7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

The interest is probably from anyone who hates the coalition and is looking for an escape from the fascist state we seem to be becoming.

8. justMe7

There are apparently random spot checks happening in certain areas of London. I've ommited a few paragraphs because they were mainly focusin on racism. If you read the article they were apparently focusing on people with darker skin when doing these spot checks. I'm not making a point about that, I'm highlighting the fact that they are stopping citizens and questioning their status in their own country. This is akin to Russia many years ago, or as mentioned Nazi Germany when the state felt it had the authority to intrude into peoples lives to simply check for "unwanted". I can understand they feel it's justified, but it's the wrong method for dealing with this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.