New vices *maybe this would trig someone, I dunno*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by LeaveMeAlone, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeaveMeAlone

LeaveMeAlone Well-Known Member

While i've always been a bit of a binge eater, I've never really considered myself to "self harm" in any real way, I tried cutting myself a couple of times, to see if it would help but it didn't.

Last night the penny kinda dropped on a few things, I really, really hurt someone I loved when I attempted the other night, she called me a bastard, and she was right.

I hate myself so much right now, I just knew i needed to be punished, <mod edit: bunny - method> beat myself with it over and over and over again, leaving huge welts across my back, I nearly cried from the pain, but it felt better to know I was suffering.

And now I want to do it again, I want to die it harder, see if I can do it enough to break the skin, if i can then I want to <mod edit: bunny - method>.

The other thing I've thought about is burning myself <mod edit: bunny - method>

I guess this might seem a little tame to some of you guys, eh I don't even know why I'm posting this, I don't need to be told it's a bad idea, and I'm not after advice, or to try and show off in any way. I guess maybe I just wanted to get it out, make it real, I may be about to add yet another big problem to my long list.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2007
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Well it's not often I'm lost for words, but this has stumped me.

Could I suggest that instead of punishing yourself you try to put right the hurt done to the other person?
    Self punishment, while gratifying at the time, doesn't really address the real issue and that is your sorrow at having hurt someone you love.
    Put your energies in to that please hun and stop beating yourself up both literally and in your mind.

3. LeaveMeAlone

seriously bunny????? if it was definitely a trigger you could've amended the title. I totally disagree with that edit and I'm frankly offended by it.

I mean seriously god damnit, you can't just use the word "method" as justification, else how would I tell anyone how to make a really good apricot pie?!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2007
  4. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

you wrote what you beat yourself with, and that it did a lot of damage, you told us what you wanted to do to cause yourself more pain and you said what you had considered using to burn yourself, all of these are self harm methods, on this site the word "method" is generally used to describe a mannor of hurting yourself, this has nothing to do with pie and is against the rules

if you have a problem with a staff member take it to Robin as arguing with the staff is against the rules

5. LeaveMeAlone

lol i'm sure it would be and i expect i will.

i accidently hit my thumb with a hammer last week, but i understand that information should be kept secrect, just incase anyone considering hurting themselves doesn't know what a hammer is!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.