New ways of self harm

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ruby, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Basically i've been taking painkillers somehow hoping that they'll ease my sadness. Ridiculous and stupid I know, I have antidepressants for that ffs! Ive also started drinking quite a bit of alcohol. I drink it in the day, just knock it back in the hope that it'll numb things. Tonight things got too much and I ended up burning myself. I burnt myself over a scar from a previous burn (that required lots of treatment). It doesnt really hurt or anything, its like half the size of the palm of my hand and it's just white and feels like leather. I cant feel anything when I touch it. Is that a bad sign?

2. I would definately try not to burn.
    My ex has some very bad burn scars that will not heal up at all--all purple and blue with dead blood that won't move. I doubt he has much feelings in those areas and he's VERY embarrassed about them. He doesn't mind his cut scars so much as the burn ones because they won't fade at all for him and they are extremely noticable.
    Please try not to burn yourself. I have heard that infections are more likely with burns--as in NASTY infections, all oozy and stuff.
    Please try to find another way.

3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

If you can't feel anything, then that could mean that you got thru to your nerves, and that is BAD. you would probably want to get that checked up if you havent already, just to be on the safe side. depending on where it is, you could say it was a kitchen accident, from oil or something. Please stay safe.

TDM

4. iwishiwasinvisible

iwishiwasinvisible Active Member

sweety
    i got hooked on painkillers and they stop working after awhile just like every other si behavior.......what r u burning ur self with..i used lighters but i branded myself.....if u need to pm me and lets talk about whats going on thats making u want to numb ur self..wat is the pain all about

5. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies =)

It's ok now, it's just blistered. I'm tempted to burst them.. I'm not going to though. I feel ROUGH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.