New, with a long story

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by hippyman, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hippyman

hippyman Member

Hi, I just joined today, and thought I'd share my story with ya'll. I wouldnt say I'm suicidal right now, but I have been in the past. In may, 1990, I was in a severe car/train accident, that killed my little brother and a family friend, and hospitalized me for 91 days with a severe frontal lobe injury, when the peramedics found me, I had blood coming out my nose, eyes, ears, and mouth, I had no pulse, and no heartbeat, I was comatose for over a week, and had to learn to do everything all over again, ever since then, I've suffered from depression, and survivors guilt. I've been to therapists since I was 7, when I got called to the office in school one day, b/c some of my friends were worried about me having suicidal thoughts, I just now found the right one last year; in about the 5th grade, I started having complex partial seizures, which I still have today; In about the 6th grade, when I was just getting interested in girls, there were certain girls that I was "interested" in, and I had this group of "friends" who took advantage of the fact that I'd been in an accident, and convinced me to do/say inappropriate things to those girls, thereby making me think I'd ruined any chance I'd ever have with them, therefore, I have yet to have any sort of serious relationship. I am now 26, and as you can tell, it is coming up on the anniversary of the accident again, and I am not taking it too well this year. Of course, that could be because of everything else that has been piled on me lately. I am having to get new siding, a new roof, and a new fence for my house, just so that I can get it insured, and the siding alone is estimated at $13565. Not to mention feeling trapped in my current situation, but I'll get into that later.
  2. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

:welcome: to the forum hun. i hope you can find some comfort in talking here.
  3. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum and thanks for being open with your story so quickly- hope i and everyone else here can be of help/support for you
  4. minime

minime Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF! I hope you find comfort and friendship here. I did :)
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!! Are you able to do physical labor?? If so do you have any friends in the construction buisness?? Siding and roofing aren't that hard..It is strenuous work but something with a few friends can be accomplished..I wish you luck...
  6. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums, Hippy. :)

Considering all you've been through, I admire your strength.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.