New Year's Resolutions

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by SillyOldBear, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Has anyone given any thought to New Year's Resolutions? I don't usually make them. Mainly because I always fail at them! But may try one this time. It would be called 'ZIP IT'. Meaning my mouth of course. Zip it to stop me from saying things I shouldn't. And zip it to stop putting food into it that I shouldn't.

4 people like this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Earlier this year I gave myself the excuse of giving up cigs in the new year but on Jan 3rd I will have been off the cigs 6 months, woohoo :)

So my new years resolution is ...yes here it comes, to lose weight!!! I believe if I can quit xanax, quit cigarettes that I can lose weight. I must have some ounce of motivation in me. My plan is to exercise every day and watch what I eat. Not only do I need to do it for my appearance but my health too. I will keep you updated :)

2 people like this.
  3. SillyOldBear

Congratulations on what you have accomplished Lynn. And good luck with the food.

4. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

My New Year's Resolution is to... lose a stone (14 lbs), finish my higher education, quit smoking and find a new job. Think I can do it all? I'll be back in the new year to let you all know ;)

2 people like this.
  5. SillyOldBear

Cicada, that higher education is so very important. I am totally pulling for you on that. And the others too. I need to lose about 4 stone.

2 people like this.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I want to lose weight and make my life better in all aspects. Whatever I am disappointed with now, I want to turn it around.

4 people like this.
  7. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

For my resolution I want (need) to lose weight but the new Weight watchers plan has made it almost un-livable. so I don't know what to do. And like others be happy through most of the year.

2 people like this.
  8. partylpoison

partylpoison Active Member

I will not drive when I'm drunk??? Or at least try to lessen the times. Because it is really been my habit when I am down I go for a drink and get the keys and hit the road while crying.

2 people like this.
  9. Purple_Thorn

Purple_Thorn Well-Known Member

I'm kind of the belief that if I make a New Year's resolution it will have to be something I know that I can obtain. I hate subconsciously setting myself up for failure. So I think my resolution this year will be making it to Colorado in the summer and not having a total breakdown during the three months I'll be working at camp.

2 people like this.
  10. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

I want to be nicer and smile more. I suspect that I have not been fun to be around in 2015.

2 people like this.
  11. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

I want to feel like old me again, be peaceful, be a better person, do more charity work and help[​IMG] other people, inspire them, laugh more, talk more, be a better student, I would love to be proud of myself.... leave all negativity behind...and more..

6 people like this.
  12. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

There is a partially built bicycle sitting in my apartment that I started in a flurry of activity and then promptly got distracted and never finished. It has been sitting there on the repair stand for over a year now. So! 2016 i will finish assembling bike. I have all the parts and necessaries. Just need to get to it.

2 people like this.
  13. DarrylSpiers

DarrylSpiers Member

Well my new year resolution is to reduce weight. I am trying to reduce 10 kg from my weight. I hope that i will be successful in my new year resolution.

2 people like this.
  14. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

These are my goals too :)

2 people like this.
  15. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Lose weight, quit drinking diet pop and finding my nirvana

16. Petal

I'm down 4lbs yay :)

3 people like this.
  17. Petal

Down a further 2lb. YAY. I can do this! Down 8lbs this year!

2 people like this.
  18. Williamstuckinarut

Williamstuckinarut Well-Known Member

Well done P!
    Mine is to start volunteering at the local homeless shelter.

2 people like this.
  19. Petal

Thank you so much and good luck with volunteering, I volunteer too in a charity shop, keeps me occupied and it is fun, the girls i work with are great, good luck :)

20. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I GAINED 2 lbs this past week. Back to working it off. Sometimes I have bad weeks. Down 13 lbs overall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.