New Year's Resolutions

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by SillyOldBear, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Has anyone given any thought to New Year's Resolutions? I don't usually make them. Mainly because I always fail at them! But may try one this time. It would be called 'ZIP IT'. Meaning my mouth of course. Zip it to stop me from saying things I shouldn't. And zip it to stop putting food into it that I shouldn't.

4 people like this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Earlier this year I gave myself the excuse of giving up cigs in the new year but on Jan 3rd I will have been off the cigs 6 months, woohoo :)

So my new years resolution is ...yes here it comes, to lose weight!!! I believe if I can quit xanax, quit cigarettes that I can lose weight. I must have some ounce of motivation in me. My plan is to exercise every day and watch what I eat. Not only do I need to do it for my appearance but my health too. I will keep you updated :)

2 people like this.
  3. SillyOldBear

Congratulations on what you have accomplished Lynn. And good luck with the food.

4. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Alumni SF Supporter

My New Year's Resolution is to... lose a stone (14 lbs), finish my higher education, quit smoking and find a new job. Think I can do it all? I'll be back in the new year to let you all know ;)

2 people like this.
  5. SillyOldBear

Cicada, that higher education is so very important. I am totally pulling for you on that. And the others too. I need to lose about 4 stone.

2 people like this.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer and general weirdo

I want to lose weight and make my life better in all aspects. Whatever I am disappointed with now, I want to turn it around.

4 people like this.
  7. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

For my resolution I want (need) to lose weight but the new Weight watchers plan has made it almost un-livable. so I don't know what to do. And like others be happy through most of the year.

2 people like this.
  8. partylpoison

partylpoison Active Member

I will not drive when I'm drunk??? Or at least try to lessen the times. Because it is really been my habit when I am down I go for a drink and get the keys and hit the road while crying.

2 people like this.
  9. Purple_Thorn

Purple_Thorn Well-Known Member

I'm kind of the belief that if I make a New Year's resolution it will have to be something I know that I can obtain. I hate subconsciously setting myself up for failure. So I think my resolution this year will be making it to Colorado in the summer and not having a total breakdown during the three months I'll be working at camp.

2 people like this.
  10. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

I want to be nicer and smile more. I suspect that I have not been fun to be around in 2015.

2 people like this.
  11. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

I want to feel like old me again, be peaceful, be a better person, do more charity work and help[​IMG] other people, inspire them, laugh more, talk more, be a better student, I would love to be proud of myself.... leave all negativity behind...and more..

6 people like this.
  12. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

There is a partially built bicycle sitting in my apartment that I started in a flurry of activity and then promptly got distracted and never finished. It has been sitting there on the repair stand for over a year now. So! 2016 i will finish assembling bike. I have all the parts and necessaries. Just need to get to it.

2 people like this.
  13. DarrylSpiers

DarrylSpiers Member

Well my new year resolution is to reduce weight. I am trying to reduce 10 kg from my weight. I hope that i will be successful in my new year resolution.

2 people like this.
  14. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

These are my goals too :)

2 people like this.
  15. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere Forum Pro

Lose weight, quit drinking diet pop and finding my nirvana

16. Petal

I'm down 4lbs yay :)

3 people like this.
  17. Petal

Down a further 2lb. YAY. I can do this! Down 8lbs this year!

2 people like this.
  18. Williamstuckinarut

Williamstuckinarut Well-Known Member

Well done P!
    Mine is to start volunteering at the local homeless shelter.

2 people like this.
  19. Petal

Thank you so much and good luck with volunteering, I volunteer too in a charity shop, keeps me occupied and it is fun, the girls i work with are great, good luck :)

20. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I GAINED 2 lbs this past week. Back to working it off. Sometimes I have bad weeks. Down 13 lbs overall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.