New Years

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by *dilligaf*, Dec 30, 2009.

1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I hate New Year's .. Always have done .. And I think I always will.

Even when I was a child .. and long before I became depressed .. New Years Eve and New Years Day depressed me. No idea why.

And now it's just even worse.

And this year I don't get to spend it with the man I love. Or my friends. I am going out with my Mum and Stepdad .. to a pub that will be full of old people .. and I can't even get drunk like you're meant to on New Years Eve.

Roll on January 2nd.
  2. Android

Android Well-Known Member

Same. But I think while my loathing of new year's originally stemmed from not wanting to get older, now it's that and the horrible, resigned feeling that nothing important has changed, or will. Either way, Auld Lang Syne will be ringing in my ears tonight and tomorrow.
  3. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Aww :console: But I hope you both manage to find a little enjoyment all the same - think of it as new beginnings, new year, new decade, new lottery numbers .... :smile:
  4. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Was meant to be going to a friends place to ring in the new year but instead im staying home, probably be online at midnight and say happy new years to you lot. Ive tried before to enjnoy new years but never have. My earliest new years memory is lying on the bed in my aunts spare room, crying my eyes out that my best friend wasnt alive to see the new millenium and hearing the cheers and poppers down stairs. I prefer after midnight so ya can go to sleep and wake up with high hopes and expectations for the new year.
  5. firehawk1

firehawk1 Well-Known Member

my darling purplepaint.

be lucky you have a partner and who hasnt landed you in deep trouble with the law for something you did not even do.
    also be lucky that you have someone to "go to" in the new year and hope it turns out to be a great/better year for you than mine or indeed others. :)

6. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

Hey girl! I know exactly how you feel. I went through a tough break-up a few months ago. The man I love did not even contact me this holiday season. I can not begin to explain how broken I am. I was starting to feel better because I had immediately met another man in August before my ex-BF and I even broke up. I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day with this other man. Now, today he is probably out with his friends. IDK. He hasn't texted me and I am not too disappointed because he is not even my BF... Now, I am at home alone. I went out with my mother and grandmother tonight! YUCK! Just thinking about it is humiliating!! January 2nd will not be any better. It will just be the beginning of the coldest, darkest part of winter in Illinois. New Years Eve sucks. It is just a reminder of how lonely we are and how another year had passed by in a flash.
  7. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

The media also makes it seem like you have to be out partying tonight! It is sad for people like me who want to be out, but do not have anybody to go out with. They also should move new year's up a month. How am I supposed to go out and feel hot a week after Christmas when I still feel fat and overwhelmed from the holidays?
  8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thanks for all thre replies.

I guess I'm nearly there :D

Happy new year all x