Discussion in 'Welcome' started by mssaturnine, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mssaturnine

mssaturnine New Member

Hi, my name is Jessica. I joined because I was triggered tonight by something I saw online and was looking for someone to talk to. Naturally I turned to Google, and this site came up. Triggering feels like a panic attack if you do not do anything about it. I have struggled with cutting and I have an anxiety disorder, I have beat the cutting for the most part but the want to do it gets so prevalent sometimes. Hope this intro is not too forward, Thanks to anyone who replies
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

Firstly - we are peer to peer support - so many of us will understand some of what you've got/gone through - and will offer our own supportive advice as and where you need it. A friendly bunch for the most part.

Secondly - we are pro-life - so we will try and encourage people to live their lives in their own way.

While we are a supportively friendly bunch, we are not medical professionals - so if you have a GP for the anxiety disorder (or therapist of some degree), they are also advantageous.

Hope you stick around :)
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hello Jessica, and welcome to SF! :hug:

I'm sorry that you got triggered. It's truly awful isn't it? And you don't really have any control over when you are going to be triggered, it often just happens. I too am an ex cutter, I do sometimes relapse during a crisis, and those urges can be awful, but you are strong and you can overcome those urges. I hope you find this site useful, and I hope you continue to reach out.
  4. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.