1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Kate68, Feb 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kate68

Kate68 Member

Hello, suffering heavy depression and suicidal thoughts for some months. I found the site while searching online. Trying to keep it together but it's just getting tougher.

2. sleeplessnights

sleeplessnights Well-Known Member

hi, welcome to SF... there are good people here who can listen to whatever youre going through... =)

3. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Staff Alumni

Hi there, Welcome to the Forum. I'm glad you found us and I hope we will be of positive support to you.

Please know that many of us have been in some very low and dark times as well, so we may understand what you are dealing with if you care to share some of your situation/story.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi Kate, welcome to the forums, glad you joined us here. You are no longer alone, we are here to help you through things! :)

5. Kate68

Kate68 Member

Thanks I appreciate it. Its been pretty rough the last few days.

6. Daíthí

Daíthí What will be will be Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Coordinator SF Supporter

Hello Kate

We all have these rough patches in life, but I like to think they make us appreciate the good times. Though they often seem so far away during this dark time. Know that we are here for you, and that we do care. Most of all we want you to be well, so feel free to rant, rave and share your burden. We're always here for you, through the bad times and the good.

7. nightingale77

nightingale77 Well-Known Member

Hi Kate, welcome to SF! We are a community of people who are going through tough times too. We are here to journey and support each other. You have safe space here. Sorry to hear it has been hard the last few days.. You wanna share a bit more?

8. Yang Gu

Yang Gu Member

Hi kate, welcome to SF. Im new here too

9. Kate68

Kate68 Member

I've always been good at compartmentalizing and that has now failed miserably. I'm in a hole I can't seem to get out of. Every day the last couple of months I've had suicidal thoughts, one particularly bad spot but I managed to get by. I just feel like such a waste.

10. brightlight

brightlight SF Supporter

Hi Kate and welcome
    ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))
    You are not a waste, depression makes you think like this, are you on any medication or talking to anybody about your suicidal feelings. It's not wise to face this one your own, keep posting, this site can be a lifesaver and a great distraction
    Love and Light
    P

11. Kate68

Kate68 Member

No meds. I've seen a therapist twice but it's my first time with that, seems like a good fit but I'm not super trusting. I don't know how or when I should be bringing stuff up...a little nightmarish. With her schedule my next appointment was set out 3 weeks, I'm white knuckling it at this point.

12. sleeplessnights

sleeplessnights Well-Known Member

try to stick it out as best as you can... coming here could be a small alternative when youre not in therapy... is there any way you could see your therapist on a weekly basis?

13. Kate68

Kate68 Member

I think weekly is the plan, I'll know more at the next appointment. I've just got to make til then.

14. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Staff Alumni

We'll be here with you till then. You can make it. And trust will build up; I'm glad at least it seems like a good fit: sounds like you're making a good start.

15. brightlight

brightlight SF Supporter

If you are not against meds, maybe talk to your doctor and see if you can get some antidepressants or something that can help with the suicidal thoughts. Have you ever heard of grounding, or tried meditation to help calm you a bit.

https://www.suicideforum.com/community/threads/seek.127669/

16. Kate68

Kate68 Member

I'm trying to avoid meds if possible. I'll check out your link. Thanks so much.

17. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

Hi Kate, welcome to the forum. We're glad you've made it and are happy to keep you company til you make your appointment - and beyond. Glad to have you here. See you around the boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.