New

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Layla, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layla

Layla Account Closed

I'm new here. I've never done something like this before...this was a site that I heard about and thought that I'd at least check it out. No one knows how I've been feeling suicidal lately. How depressed I have been for months. I put on this fake facade and no one notices. Just recently I tried to reach out to my other half, he just pushed me right back into my shell. Months and months all I have really want to do is curl up and wither away. I continuesly try and reach out to him tell him I need his help and all he does is push me away and make myself hate myself even more...

2. whiskeylullaby

whiskeylullaby Well-Known Member

welcome to sf
    i'm glad you found us, i hope you find help and understanding here :hug: if you need it i'm only a pm away :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
  3. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Hi Layla, welcome to the forum. Are you seeing a psychiatrist for your depression? Sometimes the people around us don't know how to deal with our conditions so they can react in unhelpful ways.

4. confuzzle

confuzzle Well-Known Member

Hey Layla, I am sorry for the unsupportive other half.
    However, there are many people who can relate, and we all are very supportive. I haven't been here long, but feel free to PM me anytime. We can talk, if you need someone to vent to.
    You are not alone.
    :hug:

5. Layla

Layla Account Closed

Thanks cosette, I will always keep that in mind. And Junkie, no I'm not. I used to back as a teenager, but eventually I felt it more of a chore to go see him. I'd go for maybe 10 mins, and get no progress, instead I withdrew inside.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Layla. You sound like so many of us with putting on a facade and making those on the outside think things are fine. I am sorry you have to do that. A good thing about being here is that the mask can come off. You can be who you are and will not be judged for the way you feel. I am sorry to hear that when you reached out for support, you were pushed away. Some people are afraid these feelings are catching or something and with their fear, they push those that need them away. Maybe it is time for you to give professional help another try. You may be more open to it now than you were as a teen. remember that progress for us is measured in small increments. You may not even realize it is happening, but your therapist can. Regardless of what you decide, I hope you are able to find support here and can feel comfortable enough to open up without the facade. take care Layla. :hug:

7. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Welcome to SF Layla. I kind of have an understanding of how it feels to have an unsupportive other half... I'm going through the same exact thing. You can PM me anytime you need to talk if you want to and I'll respond as soon as I can. :hug: I'm sure you'll find lots of support here.

8. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF Layla! :)
    Sorry to hear you are finding things difficult at the moment, I hope you find the support you need here. :hug:

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Layla!! I'm sure you will find the members here are genuine in there support.. Don't be afraid to PM any of us..Take Care!!

10. triggs

triggs Account Closed

welcome to SF Layla :hug: i'm sorry finding help has been so difficult for you
    i hope you find all the help and support you need here :smile:
    if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me any time :heart:
    triggs xx

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum Layla :)

12. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Layla.

:hug: xx

13. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni