New

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by OneEyedWillie, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneEyedWillie

OneEyedWillie Member

Hello, my name is Keith.

I've had two failed attempts this year and I'm looking for a group of people who can relate to my situation. I'm currently trying to regain a desire for life, rebuild damaged relationships, and deal with the consequences in general from my attempts.

I've found plenty of sites who support people who have lost loved ones to suicide but this is the first I've found that seems to be more appropriate for someone in my situation.

I hope all is well with everyone and I look forward to conversing with you all.

2. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum. i think you'll really like it here. the people are so supportive it's awesome. if you feel like you need to chat please feel free to pm me or flag me down in chat. i am a good listener. please take care and no more attempts ok? :)

3. OneEyedWillie

OneEyedWillie Member

Thanks .-)

I'm working on the whole "no more attempts" thing. That's the biggest reason I'm here. I have allot of processing and analyzing to do and it's very hard to talk about it with people I know. It seems that in my biggest time of weakness I still have to be the strong one for them.

If it weren't for the responsibilities I have towards loved ones in my life I probably would have tried again.

So I'm trying to find a way to look at things a little differently.

4. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

you really sound so much like myself. i have to be the strong one too. that's not always an easy task especially when we're feeling as low as we can get sometimes. a new perspective i s a great way to look at it, and i'm sure you'll get plenty of input here. anyways, please take care and we'll see ya around.

liz

5. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF. Hope you can find the support you need here.

Take care :hug: xx

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

We've met already but welcome to the forum! :welcome: :hug:

7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF. :hug:

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!! I'm sure you will make friends here and find support when you need it..Take care!!

9. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

hi
    how are you?
    welcome to SF.hope you find the support you need here.people in SF are so helpfull & kind.hope you feel better soon.
    take care :hug:

10. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey Keith, welcome to SF!! :hug: I'm glad you've joined and that you're working toward making some changes in your life. My PM box is always open if you ever want to talk.

BTW, I like the username. :D

11. OneEyedWillie

OneEyedWillie Member

Thanks for all the warm welcomes .-)
    I plan on being around fairly often so I'm sure I'll get to know most of you.

I'm an open book, and it's pretty hard to offend me so feel free to discuss anything with me.

Lol my username has a couple different meanings to it. 1) I only have one eye now, 2) The Goonies, 3) I play a pirate captain for the renaissance festival in Vegas and 4) other things.

12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Keith. I am glad you found us and are searching for a way to keep living. You can feel free to share your thoughts with us. So many of us have been there, or are still there. We really can understand. :hug:

13. OneEyedWillie

OneEyedWillie Member

That's why I sought this place out. There aren't many people who can understand that level of desperation; that point where the pain turns into a physical pain.

I knew only kindred spirits could relate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.