Discussion in 'Welcome' started by kage, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kage

kage Member

I'm from Massachusetts, USA. I work in mental health and, ironically, have been suffering with these feelings for 16 years now. You would never know it if you met me, but I guess that's how it goes to some degree. I have some strong views on suicide, though they are counterproductive to the work I do, so therefore, I keep these things to myself. I believe every emotion, experience is relative and therefore, deserves the same respect I would assign to my own suffering. I do however believe that there is hope for people, especially those young enough to change the patterns in their thinking before it becomes fixed. I remember still *secretly* having hope that things would change when I was young and suicidal. That hope diminishes after years and years of merely existing. The sting wears and the realness sets in. You begin to feel true fear, thoroughly grasping the gravity of the despair, when the little light no longer shines at the end of the tunnel. Fight for your life while you still can. Sounds dramatic, right? It's true though. There is an expiration date on hope.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Kage i disagree there is always hope always new meds new therapy every day come available Noone thought my twin would ever heal ever well it took one special doc that cared one special one and after years of suffering she is finally seeing that light again Nice tohave you here hope you continue to reach out for support for you
  3. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site Kage, we are all here for each other. And I also believe there may seem to be no hope, but I believe it also depends what you are searching for.. Be it purpose, fulfillment in life.. and what your issues are.. I don't know if I believe hope has an expiration date.. I haven't really worked intensely in a mental health field but I have worked phone lines for a couple months and it can be quite stressful.. I hope you can find some nice people here whom you maybe be able to confide your thoughts to.

Sending some welcoming hugs. :hug:
  4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi Kage and welcome.. with the name of this website turns out here you have many with very similar feelings as yourself.. misery loves company is not a favorite of mine but together is better than alone.. lots of talk here on the subject and maybe you will be able to join in with us.... hang in there please and take care, JIm
  5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hello kage and welcome.
  6. kage

kage Member

Total Eclipse, I am very happy to hear that and I hope your twin continues to feel better. Perhaps my opinions are just based on my own experiences and I apologize if I said anything to offend. I have to try and remember that my experiences are not necessarily the reality/not necessarily shared. Thank you for welcoming me.
  7. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

Welcome, fellow New Englander. I hope you find what you're looking for in SF - don't be afraid to come into chat. We're extremely nice and non-judgmental.
  8. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome! Sorry I'm late in welcoming you. I can relate to what you're saying, but I have to say that I "hope" that you're wrong about there being an expiration date on hope, because it's the only thing I have left!
  9. kage

kage Member

Thank you, houseofcards. Maine is lovely! I've contemplated moving there numerous times. Thank you for welcoming me and I'll work up the nerve soon enough to actually participate in chat, for once :)
  10. kage

kage Member

Thank you for welcoming me. I think when I made that comment, I was really just speaking selfishly without considering the potential ramifications of doing so. For me, hope has expired. I shouldn't generalize that to everyone's fate. I hope you continue to have hope. Sometimes it is the only thing you need. Best wishes.
  11. kage

kage Member

Thank you, Jim. Everything is cliche for a reason :) Hope all is well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.