newb here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by dragonless, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonless

dragonless Well-Known Member

i've never posted on a forum before, so i'm sorry if i inadvertently make a few mistakes. i'm quite depressed, age 47 i think (not 100% sure since i gave up caring on how old i was at about the age of 30), i have 2 friends - both who (of whom?) live hundreds of miles away - and some chronic pain issues that frequently take me down the happy, go-lucky path of suicidal thinking (though i'm sure i cannot). Oh, jobless and haven't a clue how to help myself. Just thought i'd try to 'reach out' to some anonymous folks of like minds. *quirky half-smile*
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to the site!! I hope you find friendship and support here.
  3. SometimeSoon

SometimeSoon Member

Hello and welcome. I too am new here and although it first seems as most on this site are teens or 20-somethings I can assure you there others in our age range, too. I'm just a few years younger than you and am in a similar situation though, I do not have a physical condition causing chronic pain. Feel free to PM me (is that available on this site?) or say hello if you see me in one of the chat rooms.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi dragonless sorry that sadness sometimes brings you so low. Physical pain makes it harder Here you won't feel so alone ok you will have support and you will be heard hun nice to meet you
  5. dragonless

dragonless Well-Known Member

Thanks, all. Wild: Thank you. SometimeSoon: yes, i'd like to try the chatrooms, and thanks for the "over age 40 support." i think the age thing can sometimes be the worse. Even when one doesn't feel that old :) Eclipse: Nice to meet you, too. Physical pain has been the primary reason to bring me to this new low. Thank you - and all moderators - for providing a safe place.
  6. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Hello dragonless. Welcome to SF.

Age is but a number, as the member group on here ranges in my knowledge from 13 up to 70 (it might go higher). Many people come from different backgrounds with differing perspectives, and a different reasoning for being here, yet there are many who have similar experiences who can offer support and ideas as ways forwards.

It is a pro-life site, so if advice is given its geared in the direction to preserve it.

Hope you get what you want from here :)

7. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm always free to talk if you're looking for a new friend to talk too.
    I'm quite open minded and trying to support people here, as well as getting help for myself.
    Sorry to hear that you're going through a bad time right now. Hope you can find all the support you can on here.
  8. amexdm

amexdm Member

Hi Dragon and others,

I am new here also and would love to meet new friends. Dragon I am 48 and suffer from severe physical pain and some emotional pain as well. gas on the fire! feel free to PM me or I can send to you if you want to talk. I'm learningthe workings of this site but hope to be a contributor. Thanks all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.