Discussion in 'Welcome' started by eli, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eli

eli Member

My name is Elias and I registered here a just few hours ago.
    I made an (unsuccessful of course) attempt to take my own life about 1.5-2 years ago. A few months after the attempt, things seemed to be going better, but the last few months that sinking feeling of depression has returned and thoughts about suicide have been, once more/again, raging inside my mind almost every hour of every day. Since then I have been searching for help, and while I was surfing on the internet, I stumbled on this site and I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea if I registered here. I'm not going to go into my specific situation any deeper right now, I guess it would be best to keep that for later. I just want to say hello right now and introduce myself a bit. I'm 20 years old, live in Belgium and have been diagnosed with asperger syndrome. I study veterinary medecine, altough I already know I will not be able to keep up with this study. I have very few friends, but the ones that I do have are true to me, wich I appreciate enormously. I feel like I am alone in this world in a sense and I feel like I don't fit in anywhere. I think of myself as a failure, not only in the eyes of my family and friends but also in the eyes of myself. The things/hobby's I like to do most are jumping out of airplanes (go figure :unsure:), going for a walk, watching movies, animals, being in total nature and some other things I can't think of right now. I have severe sleeping problems :insomnia: (It's 04:24 where I am right now) and am very socially shy. Guess that's enough for now.
    Thanks for reading!

Blues skies
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2007
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

good one you aor sharing
    if you wanna know anything or just talk then PM me:)
    welcome Elias
  3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

welcome to SF hun
  4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF. Glad you joined. If you ever need to talk feel free to message me anytime. Take care. :hug:
  5. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

My little brother has AS, amongst other things, so i pretty much know how you are feeling. you are extremely lucky to have close friends that you can depend on.

i dont think anyone truly 'fits' in anywhere but we do the best we can.

:Welcome: to SF
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Elias. I am glad you found us and chose to join. When you are ready to share more, we will gladly listen. Take care and stay safe. I look forward to getting to know you better. :hug:
  7. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF :) x
  8. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum
  9. eli

eli Member

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone :)
  10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF Elias!! :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.