Newbie saying "Hello"

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by carebear35, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carebear35

carebear35 Active Member

Hi I'm carebear35. I'm 35 years old and care bears were my childhood heros. I live in South Africa and have been hospitalized at least 5 times in the last 3 years, because despite medication I just don't feel I'm coping. I get verbally abused by my grandmother on a daily basis. I've been unemployed for the last 4 years, which doesn't help my mood much. I do self harm, but won't elaborate. Thank you to those who read this.
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are self-harming yourself. It's not nice hear but can you use an alternative such as elastic band or ice cubes.

Grandparents are not easy to deal with. You have to be strong. I know its not easy but you can survive. Please be strong which I know is hard for you. We are here for you and you have joined a brilliant community.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2015
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi carebear and welcome to SF. You will meet many people here with issues similar to yourself, i am glad you joined and hope you find comfort, friendship and support. :baby_chick:
  4. suicidalfish

suicidalfish Active Member

I know what it's like for the grandparents thing. My grandparents were verbally abusive as fuck and were pretentious pieces of shit. Thankfully they are dead now though but I know what it's like to deal with it. I am sorry. I am here for you if you need someone to talk to.
  5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Some of us have horrible family members to deal with. Welcome aboard. There is a SH subforum on this site that members post and you can relate to somw of them I guess.
  6. crying_wolf

crying_wolf Active Member

yea i know the feeling, i mean my granpa live next door and he suffer from schizophrenia. Most days he is ok but others he start to scream, insult you or whatever, i think that through the years, all my life, have made me even more nervous or just make me feel even worse. Even tho is not his fault i suppose, i always have headphones or tv loud so i don't hear anything from outside. Is like my environment is poisonous problem is no idea how to get out, i just wish i was brave enough to find work and live on my own, that is all i want. Sorry i kinda hijacked ur thread lol, didnt wanted to make a new one or something anyway hello. :p

Non related tho but this is my first post recently, i haven't posted in years. Is weird i made the account when metal gear 4 was releasing that is why the name, crying_wolf and now years later i started posting again and metal gear 5 is releasing soon lol.
  7. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum carebear :superbear:
  8. carebear35

carebear35 Active Member

This site does seem more friendly than the previous one I was on. They claimed to be supportive and friendly, but in the end I just found the senior members and the site administrator to be hypocrites. I have joined a local depression support group, which has a cell phone "support group" but in December I was told that I irritate one of them and they threw me off. The group is run by SADAG (South African Depression and Anxiety Group). Thank you for the welcomes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.