Discussion in 'Welcome' started by blackcloud, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackcloud

blackcloud Guest

iv'e suffered from depression all my life,i was born like it,i'm 46 now.my biggest concern these days is people, i find them cold and distant and i hate them for it. maybe they don't like me for some reason i don't honestly know.
    i have not always felt this way about others. i think people have changed over the years,people have become antisocial.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum blackcloud. I hope you can find that you are comfort here. I know it can be difficult to deal with when you become so uncomfortable around people. I am glad you opened up to us.

3. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF =]
    ever need someone to talk to or have any questions feel free to PM me

4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Welcome. I don't know where you live, but in the U.S. I find this to be a huge problem. People just live in their own world, drive their own cars...we are so separated from others. It is a real effort to connect with others. But I think more of us care than don't...it just gets harder to show and express it. Even when someone smiles at me at the store, I just feel better, more connected. I just do what I can...help people with the door or their bags, say "hello"...etc. These things make me feel a greater connection with my fellow human beings. A smile can do wonders. I just try not to let myself be one of those disconnected people who just sleepwalk through life, and I can feel good about that. Try it if you haven't already. People respond to it, and you can see that just by a kind word or gesture that they are feeling the same way, that they also crave that connection; sometime you just have to initiate it. My favorite thing is to pay random sincere compliments to complete strangers...it makes their day and mine as well :)

5. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF blackcloud. Understand to well yur feelings. The world seems to get more and more like an isolated place and it is very hard for sensible individiuals. Hope you will find some comfort and support here, we are here for you. Please feel free to pm me anytime.
    Take care,
    Beret xxx

6. danni

danni Chat Buddy

welcome to sf hun if you every want to talk to anyone feel free to pm me

7. blackcloud

blackcloud Guest

thank you for your replies and advice. it's nice to know someone understands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.