Discussion in 'Welcome' started by black mamba, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black mamba

black mamba Active Member

I've just registered so I thought I'd better introduce myself. I don't really know what to say but here goes.....
    I'm a 27 year old student and have been battling depression for around the last ten years. Although I've had periods when I've been ok, the majority of the time I've been severely low and have attempted suicide twice. I've also self-harmed a lot, usually cutting my wrists or taking overdoses which weren't designed to kill me. I've also been admitted to hospital on four occasions which , I think probably made me worse than I already was.

I feel like I want to kill myself at the moment and I can't really talk to anyone who fully understands what it feels. So I suppose I turned to this forum in an attempt to talk to people who do.

2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hello Bm and welcome to Sf, you have come to the right place as many of us here know exactly how it feels to be in a similar place as you are right now.
    I hope that you will find the support you are seeking here at Sf.

Take care Hazel
  3. black mamba

Thanks Hazel, I appreciate that.
  4. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

I'm 26 & I have suffered depression for many years. Like you I have had periods where it has gone away but this time around it has been here for 3 years & doesn't seem to be going away.

You'll probably find that your story is similar to a lot of us here & I hope you can find some support in that.

:hug: Claire xx
  5. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Hello BM,

Welcome to the forum. The music's not very good and the coffee is almost always burnt, but everyone here's a real doll. Three rules to remember on the forum: Martinis are served at six, dinner at eleven, and dancing until four or five depending on how much you've had to drink at dinner.

I'm 25 and two years past my decade anniversary of contracting chronic depression. You'll find tons of support here :)

6. black mamba

Hi Claire,

Thanks for replying to my post. I'm sure I will find support in hearing from people with similar experiences. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Tried speaking to friends but nobody seems to be able to begin to understand
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :)
  8. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

welcome to s.f. . . there are a lot of caring people here, and yes, we will totally understand . and best of all - no judgment. only unconditional acceptance.

my best to you xxxx
  9. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi BM,

All of us definitely relate to how you feel. It can be frustrating when friends & family don't understand but unless they've been there depression is a very hard thing to comprehend.
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am sure you will find many members that understand how you feel. I hope you are able to gain support from them and our site. :hug:
  11. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome to SF
  12. black mamba

Hi James,

Do you have your Martini shaken not stirred?:biggrin:

13. black mamba

I just want to say thank to everyone who's responded to my post and I look forward to getting to know everyone on here.

14. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF :D
  15. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.
  16. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome x
  17. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Hiya Andy, welcome to sf :welcome:

My name is Lea pleased to meet you :shake:

There is plenty of support, friendship and advice to be had here :)
  18. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey BM,
    welcome to the forum!!! I'm bringing up the rear!!! You will find that many of us are or have had similar problems. You will get plenty of support from the members here..If you need to talk one on one you can PM any of us and we will be happy to talk to you..Take care!!!
  19. ohgeez007

ohgeez007 Well-Known Member

welcome & hi - from one newbie to another.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.