Discussion in 'Welcome' started by buddah71, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddah71

buddah71 New Member

Hi There

I am new to SF and really have no one else besides my therapist and husband to talk to about my depression....my friends are great but sometimes they really don't know what to do or say....I was diagnosed with PND after giving birth to my 2nd daughter in may this year. I starting taking Lexapro 10mg....felt really good then went down hill...so went up to 20mg and felt brilliant but the side effects were awful so doc decreased it a month ago and now I feel like I am slipping back...now the doc has increased it again and I feel like I have to start all over again.....the worst thing is I thought I was over it and felt so good...but now when I look back it really felt like a manic happiness.....started drinking again, eating and spending...even got two tatts...feel very low again and empty...feel like I could slip away into a quiet place in my mind....it's a horrible feeling when u have felt so good and then it sleeps away again.....whoops sorry just realised this is just an intro forum anyway that is my rant...hope to talk to other people about stuff

Michelle

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Hello Michelle and welcome to the Forum. Please do post more about yourself, people are very supportive here and you will be listened to. :smile:

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey Michelle, welcome to SF!

4. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

hi
    how are you?
    welcome to SF :hug:

5. Android

Android Well-Known Member

Welcome, Michelle. You're not alone at the forum.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Michelle... You talk all you want!! Thats why we are all here.. We have found a site where no one judges you..With the support you get here I hope it helps!!!

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Michelle, welcome to the forum :)

8. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :D

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Michelle. If Lexapro doesn't seem to work for you, maybe ask if you can try another kind. make sure you communicate everything with your physician so he can find the things that will be most beneficial to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.