Discussion in 'Welcome' started by kennings, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kennings

kennings New Member

Hi...I'm new here. I joined because no one in my life seems to understand me or have any idea how to help me. I'm feeling incredibly lonely and hopeless. I've been in therapy for most of my life, been through the whole spectrum of psych meds, and lost count of how many times I've been hospitalized. I'm in an outpatient program now, but it's not helping--my depression is getting worse and worse, and I have nothing to hold onto anymore. I've lost all hope of things getting better.

Well, probably not the most cheerful introduction ever, but at least it's honest. I'm not sane enough anymore to keep pretending to be okay.
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hello and welcome to Sf...
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi and welcome to you...glad to have you here. You can talk to any of us at anytime, or post and we will be more than happy to help. I'm sorry that you feel lonely and helpless but I hope that being on SF will help you feel better. :hug:
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Kennings, welcome to SF! :hug: Sometimes sanity is most evident when we stop trying to put up a mask that everything is OK - we aren't using our energies to pretend but to heal ourselves. Hope that's the case for you. :)
  5. im new too-just today actually-i know this is helpful for me-i think these people can relate(unlike anyone else)-stay strong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.