Next 30 + years

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by carl1124, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carl1124

carl1124 New Member

I went to and seen some help on Tue. I just feel like the world is coming down on me and there is nothing I can do about it. Nothing I do works out for me. I try and try and still I fail. I once heard someone say if you try some thing 10 times and it still don't work what makes you think that it will work on the 11th time. I would love to find a new way to do things in my life. I know I can not change the past but I would love to have a better present and future. I don't think I can go on with life thinking that I have to live with pain and hard ship every day for the next 30 + years.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. There is lots to read here and posting will help you too. You're not alone here. :hug:

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You say your seeking help on tuesday.. Thats good.. Be honest with them and don't hold back.. The more they know you the better they can help.. I personally have been in therapy for four years and it has helped me in some ways and not so much in others.. I have SI all the time but from being in therapy I have learned not to harm myself..

4. Mathale

Mathale Well-Known Member

who ever told you to stop trying on the 10th time is wrong, - i play the lottery every week, and never win, but one day.... i just never know!

whats happening to you to make you feel so glum?

Unfortunately i always find the present time can be affect by either your past, or the way you see the future. If you think of the bad times that have happened, it will bring you down. Try taking an optomistic ( even if its just the smallest of glimmers of hope ) view of the future, and give yourself something to look forward to. Even if its just to get a smile from someone , or to eat your favourite chocolate bar!

talk to us! whats getting to you the most?

We are here for you x

5. shefallsasleep

shefallsasleep Well-Known Member

Thats a really positive thought, and I totally agree, hopefully with that in mind things will start to get a bit better for you
    xx

6. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Have to agree with Mathale - the past affects present and future. It's not always easy to just forget about the past, and those times maybe it's better to deal with it, resolve it so it can let you get on with building a better future.

Do you feel up to talking about it? It's ok if you don't, but you can talk about whatever you want.

Tam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.