Next year...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Fox in the Woods, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox in the Woods

Fox in the Woods Active Member

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do next year. I guess I have to go into uni or tafe or something like that. I just don't think that anywhere will take me. I'm getting A's and B's, but at the end of the day that really doesn't mean much. Nothing ever good happens to me. I try my hardest in everything I do but I never see any positive results from anything. I didn't make arts captain this year, even though I had been helping out with art society ever since I was in the lower grades and am doing 3 folio subjects. This year I've gotten more and more depressed which has led to me being put on medication and under counseling. I have tried to commit suicide several times this year withy no success because I believe that nothing will ever get better, and thus see no point in existing anymore. I believe that me wanting to commit suicide is quite justified. All I've ever wanted to do since I was a little girl is be a photographer. It's been my dream. My Art teacher however persists in telling me that my work is worthless and that I should give up now (even though she knows what I am going through) because I would never make it in the buisness.

I just really don't know what to do. Do I kill myself? Do I try and pull some sort of a folio together? Do I apply for uni and tafe? If I do apply for uni and tafe, should I do visual arts courses when my teacher has told me my work is worthless?

I really don't know anymore.
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You have alot going for you.. Being an A/B student is no small acheivemant.. I think you should go to UNI and if photogaphy is your desire then by all means follow up on it.. Don't let one airhead make a life long decision for you..Follow your heart it will not steer you wrong..
  3. papertiger

papertiger Member

If being a photographer is your dream, then I say go for it. Don't let anyone else put you down. I'm studying to be an illustrator and other peoples' opinion is just that, their opinion. You can take it or leave it. You'll have to be confident in yourself and persistent to succeed, to keep going no matter what anyone else says. All it takes is one person at the right place and time and everything can turn around.
    You just have to make sure you're doing everything you can to be a better photographer. Take classes, practice, ask for advice. It's good to take constructive criticism because it can make you a better artist but it's still just an opinion in the end. It's better to try and fail than regret not trying at all.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Don't listen to art teacher listen to you I was told i could not be anything I am now I wanted to be a teacher but guidance councilor said i didn't have brains ahahahahahh i wish ihad tried but i have a great career now. I am helping people in a different way DON'''''t let anyone take your dreams away work hard and you will succeed Aand B i wish you have already accomplished great things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.