Nice people

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem that the people on this forum are 'nice' people. For myself, especially given the way I have been treated over the years, I go out of my way not to cause other people distress or upset. Even if they have wronged me, I will forgive and almost take the blame. Karma? Don't think it exsists. Otherwise why would people who deserve no love or devotion, get it from us, yet we, who deserve it, get little or none?

Are we paying a penance for crimes comitted in a previous life? Are we the vent hole to let out all of the angst in this world? Is it our job to die? Nothing seems to make sense anymore.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
I beleive that you keep coming back until you get it right. Some people say if you are weak and let others abuse you then you haven't learned the lesson in life. Or if you are aggressive You still haven't got it right. There has to be a happy medium..

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
I think sometimes we over-process things...life is messy...we are imperfect... and sometimes we live through the distortions we create...J

Summer.Rain

well... im far from nice... if it was up to me i wish the whole world
will be destroyed by a meteor or something...
in fact i have so much hate in me that when i die and all the religious
crap is real, i will join the dark forces to fight against god.

and you know what? the more hate i feel the more i enjoy it.

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
I don't know about Karma really. I mean let's say I complain about being single my whole life, I could say that's a Karma thing, but if the opportunity of a relationship appears then I can't take it and that's basically down to fear. However, I never know whether being in that relationship would have made my life better or made my life worse.

It seems to me I make good decisions and and bad decisions, and they're influenced by my genes and environment, rather than God or karma. And yes, sometimes it's other people who make my life shit but I think that's down to them and not really my fault.

I guess I've spent too much of my life waiting for things, for love, for happiness, observing life, fulfilling my destiny, instead of making things happen. I now try to think about achievable things I can do to improve my situation, and hopefully if I do enough of them then eventually I will. I guess it's a matter of will rather than karma.

Does it not annoy you though, when some celebrity, or top sportsperson says that immortal line "if you want something enough, it will happen". Absolute rubbish. In the same way, in the Grand Prix, they refer to the "top 20 drivers in the world". No, they are simply the best drivers of the miniscule amount who have had the incredible luck or privelidge of being able to have a go. Whilst we can go some way to shaping our future, we do not control events or people who can adversley affect the chance of that goal happening. I have met some truly foul people in this world, and some really nice ones, but the point of the post was to say that a persons behaviour does not affect the outcomes.

But.....do you think the Queen of England got there by being 'Nice'. No, hundreds of years of fighting and persecution are at the root of her throne. Do bosses of large companies get there by being 'nice'. No, of course not, so it would seem that to get on and make things happen you have to tread on a few toes, or cut them off in the case of dictators. Of course these are generalisations, but viewed from my own experiences my own life would have been so much better if I had not allowed myself to be taken advantage of. Trouble is, we are who we are, and I am actually happy with who I am. But after banging this square peg into the round hole of life for 47years, well, my head simply hurts too much.

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
I agree that it's pretty much decided that I'm not going to be rich or famous etc. and a persons behaviour may not affect the outcomes if those are going to be your goals. But if your goal is to be happy leading a simple life, then I think your behaviour can have a large effect on that. I agree I don't like it when people say if you put your mind to it you can achieve this or that, because they don't know me or what's important to me, I guess a part of life is discovering who you are, what you want and what you can realistically achieve.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluegrey

Antiquities Friend
well... im far from nice... if it was up to me i wish the whole world
will be destroyed by a meteor or something...
in fact i have so much hate in me that when i die and all the religious
crap is real, i will join the dark forces to fight against god.

and you know what? the more hate i feel the more i enjoy it.
When I was in my early twenties I was still full of anger toward God at how many hardships he allowed me to endure- especially severe physical abuse. When I was seriously suicidal and convinced I would spend eternity in Hell for following through with it my one wish was the opportunity to spit in God's face before going to Hell for the "gift" that was my my life.

Nothing more profound than time erased my anger toward God. I unfortunately no longer believe in that same God only a detached, uninvolved Supreme Being and no afterlife or soul. My despair is so much more intense since losing my faith.

patacake

im lucky i believe in god , itruly do im not in ur face with it but it quietly helps me , i feel lost and desperate too at times but i dont wonder at it all too much , i just keep hoping that even tho the past cant be changed , there will just be ways of living with it more easily.

And i hope for a lil share of the fortunate happy times for us all

:hug:

Jo xx

Is it our job to die?

I know God hates me, otherwise why would he have made me a worthless human.. So I hate him back.

Our Job to die... maybe we know something that everyone else can't figure out....

D

Dave_N

I'm sure everyone has heard the expression 'nice guys finish last.' I wonder why is that? Is it our job to die? I don't think our main purpose in life is to die. God created us and gave us many challenges to deal with in our lives. Yes, we will all eventually die at some point, because we are not immortal beings like God is, but while we are alive, we have to make the most out of our simple lives. I still have faith in God, but I've never believed that God will save me from my problems. It's up to us to face our challenges and grow from them.

bluegrey

Antiquities Friend
I still have faith in God, but I've never believed that God will save me from my problems. It's up to us to face our challenges and grow from them.

Dave_N, or someone else, can you make a suggestion of a book or two that might help me rekindle my faith? I've been a far more desperate and weak person without it.

H

HappyAZaClaM

I beleive that you keep coming back until you get it right. Some people say if you are weak and let others abuse you then you haven't learned the lesson in life. Or if you are aggressive You still haven't got it right. There has to be a happy medium..
oh no...that is a horrible thought. you are not joking? you believe this?
we have to do this shit over again? well, I refuse to believe it. that would
mean I could drink a gallon of grey goose a day and still be totally
incapacitated with panic attacks 24/7.

no way. I don't buy it. it's bullshit. we do this shit once and only
once. what in the HELL would be the point of repeating the same shitty fucking life
time and again until you get it right? right? there is
nothing RIGHT about it. the only hope in the miserable world for those
who opt out of suicide is old age, or a plane wreck or a jealous husband,
or wife.. a brain tumor, SOMETHING then ENOUGH! no, I don't believe we ever do this
goat dance again. what would be the bloody point? that's the most depressing horrifying
thought I've ever heard in my life.

H

HappyAZaClaM

>>>Fight against God? I wouldn't advise it<<<

what a terribly self defeating attitude. besides, there is no God.

H

HappyAZaClaM

I think this too.... karma is a load of bullshit, in the real world.
it HAS to be. for karma to be real, whatever the supreme being, or
'creator' or intelligent design or higher power yada yada yada would have
to be the most cruel sadistic evil foul creature imaginable in ones
most horrific nightmares. and it would further mean that we are
already doomed and there would be no point in doing ANYthing EVER.
that can't be healthy for depressed people. I think the karma people
should be polite and respectful of those of us who are terrified by
the concept. indeed, how would you know if you were ever close to
getting it 'right' as they say? or that you weren't going closer to being
more 'wrong' each pass around, whatever the fuck wrong is. no, this
karma stuff is deeply disturbing. that's it for this thread. I'm taking
my garlic and my silver bullet and going home :)

bye all!

ToddMAdl

I went to a Catholic School and some of the faculty and administration always said how their faith made them happier and better people. I always wondered how can someone say that when the possibility of it being completely false is there, that school made me agnostic. It made me realize that religion is merely a coping mechanism for life and for the fact that we die. The main reason religion was ever created was so that people could accept the fact that they will die and they even become happier because of the aspect of heaven or an afterlife which if you think that way truly does trivialize death and make it in a way pleasant. I myself do not believe in religion and I've noticed over the last two years that losing your faith truly does create more despair as some of you have already noted. You do lose all hope in the world and you realize that there is no real reason why people are the way they are and why they do bad things, that it is just the way it is. I know I've lost some hope on life and the lack of faith has truly made me believe that life in many ways is pointless and worthless and that we go through alot only just to die. I guess we just have to find a way to cope with death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00