Nice to know I'm not alone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by SingToBeSetFree, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SingToBeSetFree

SingToBeSetFree New Member

Hi my name is Zakk, I've recently been battling a lot of personal issues and a friend of mine committed suicide not every long ago. I have a lot of health issues and I keep it mostly hidden from my social life. I had Burkitts lymphoma when I was a kid and I've had problems ever since. I usually try and be optimistic, but lately I've been becoming pessimistic and it's frustrating me so bad. I've attempted Suicide in the past twice, both attempts left me in the hospital drinking charcoal and getting my stomach pumped. I'm 20 years old, I'm a college student, and a singer songwriter for a band in southern Oregon. Music and writing has always been my release and I would have fallen off the planet long ago without them. I would like to think of myself as an intelligent person, I'm really good with people, and I do have a lot of friends. I just can't talk to any of them, or my family for that matter about what's going on inside me. I'm addicted to prescription pills and I am a frequent drinker which probably doesn't help with anything at all. And if in worst case scenario would be my way out. I know I'm not alone in these thoughts/feelings and I want to help people and hopefully myself in and outside the forum with conflicts going on. I've been down in the dumps with relationships and I've lost people really close to me. I live on my own, but the thought of my immediate families faces is the only thing that keeps me from going completely through.. If you made it this far, thanks for reading. I'm here for anyone who wants to reach out because I know suicide is far from a joke. I realized I should probably get therapy after I found myself drunk one night looking online at painless ways to commit suicide. Maybe next time I can just talk to someone. I want to remain anonymous for the most part, but I do not have a problem sharing my first name. Thanks. I look forward to initiating with this community.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum Zakk :) It's very nice to meet you, but sorry it's under such sad circumstances. We are a great support website and are a very supportive bunch so whenever you are feeling depressed or needing to vent then you can offload either here on the forum or in the chat room, someone will listen :) I hope we can help you with your problems, or can just be there for you when you need it most. Big hugs :hug:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Zakk i too hope you continue to talk to us and get support you deserve Here you will not feel so alone I am sorry for loss of your friend I too hold on for my family not wanting to harm them so maybe we can hold on together ok hugs

4. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

I think you have some of the keys already. For instance, you seem to know that the Kurt Cobain suicide mystique is a counterfeit production, not invented or intended by even this famous musician, but by entrepreneurs who sell nihilism for profit since the philosophy has become a fashionable intellectual toy in the U.S. lately. You also appear aware that no painless ways to die exist. I wish you the best of luck.

You can usually share here without fear of judgment. Take any replies with a grain of salt--including mine here. We are not therapists or health professionals. Most people here have considered suicide, however.

So, welcome.
    ~:rainbow:

5. SingToBeSetFree

SingToBeSetFree New Member

Yea it's sincerely one of the most touchy subjects for a lot of souls on our planet. I appreciate the warm welcome and I hope to be a supportive member to others. There is a good feeling in knowing that there is someone to talk to that relates in someway to what we feel inside. A big thank you! to all of you.

6. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hello & Welcome to SF Zakk. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.