Nice to meet you :)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Alex_M, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex_M

Alex_M Member

It is amazing to have found a forum where I can talk about these issues. I have suffered suicidal episodes since I was about 10 years old.

I have recently learned that I have Asperger's Syndrome, so that explains some of the reasons why I have had so much trouble getting a job and living in the "real world", unlike many of my friends.

It is wonderful to meet you all, and I hope that I can take part in the mutual support that happens on this forum.
  2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

:welcome: To SF, I hope you can find people you can talk too and help.
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad to hear you finally have some answers about some of the reasons you do things as you do. Having aspergers means you see things or understand things a little differently than many others do. There are many people in our society that are very successful and have learned to cope with this just as with any other issue. Sometimes it means helping others understand you. That isn't always easy. I am saddened to hear that you have had the suicidal issues from such a young age. I hope we are able to offer you the support you need by giving you a place to speak freely and without feeling judged. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.