Night thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florence

Antiquities Friend
Hi,
Why is it that the nights are so hard? Sometimes it is the days that hit hard but there is always sometime. My friend just text me and told me not to worry bout work and she was really sweetbut I am like thinking now that it is just to hard to keep going and to have to live like life is ok, when it really really isn't :(
I know I should give the change in meds a chance (changing from citalopram to trazadone) and the time off work but the thought of just ending the pain becomes so strong.
It's the despair that is so hard to bear and, considering I have been like this off and on my whole life, is it really worth pulling through again?

solutions

I can relate well, I think. During one of my depressive episodes, I could not cope with nighttime. There wasn't anything specific about it--I was just left alone with my thoughts for some time, and that's when all my suicidal and homicidal thoughts came up.

My solution was to just drug myself into a pleasant numbness. I used a variety of antipsychotics, but Trazodone might work, too. I didn't like doing it, but I couldn't stand what was going on in my head when night came.

starchild

Hi,
Why is it that the nights are so hard? Sometimes it is the days that hit hard but there is always sometime. My friend just text me and told me not to worry bout work and she was really sweetbut I am like thinking now that it is just to hard to keep going and to have to live like life is ok, when it really really isn't :(
I know I should give the change in meds a chance (changing from citalopram to trazadone) and the time off work but the thought of just ending the pain becomes so strong.
It's the despair that is so hard to bear and, considering I have been like this off and on my whole life, is it really worth pulling through again?
I know how you feel. Nightime is the worst, as it tends to be the hours that you're alone with your thoughts, ultimately leading to isolation and hopelessness. Please hang in there though, and changing meds could be a positive step. Maybe also try and focus on something that you enjoy and can release some of the stress and anxieties from work. :)

Any past achievements solid to look at?? (e.g: medals of achievement, trophies, certificate of achievement, and etc..)

Take care and :hug: Talk to anyone of us anytime in chatroom or post back a reply or PM anyone of us if you are feeling very bad.. All in all, stay safe, be safe and more :hug:

Florence

Antiquities Friend
Thanks for responses. I just need to somehow keep going through this week. Not sure if chat will work well on my phone, will try tomorrow.

purpleAPY

I'm always horrible at night. i tend to be okay in the morning, then around midday i crash, feel awful, usually go home and sleep or something... then around late afternoon i feel fine again, and then at night i feel awful. its just this cycle that i cant seem to escape, it just continues on forever.

Night is probably the worst time for me too. I have nothing to distract me, and my thoughts just start creeping in and I can't stop them. I start criticizing myself for every little thing that happened during the day, even if I really didn't do anything wrong. Usually I just drown myself in sleeping pills so I can stop my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00