nightmares..again.. TRIGGER?*

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by normaljoe, Jun 19, 2014.

1. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

I just got out of the navy, I am so happy about it, and I moved to WA and within twelve hours of getting here I get a girls #. I have two interviews lined up for jobs that will hold me over until I can apply to law schools. I thought I was actually happy. I keep having nightmares though. me getting the shit beat out of me by my father. then it turned into me being the aggressor. now I just see myself collapsing, screaming, yelling how I don't want to live. I see people flock towards me but I am alone. they disappear. it is like no comfort or support is good enough anymore. I felt everything before I woke up, I felt my stomach sink, I felt my heart melt with sorrow. I am just so tired I dont know what to do. my doctor recommended prozasin for my dreams before I left...does anyone have experience with it?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi normaljoe, I am not familiar with that med, a psychiatrist once told me there are no meds for nightmares(maybe he just didn't want to put me on any more meds) but there are meds that can trigger nightmares. I read and just felt I had to reply just so you know someone out there is listening to your pain, you don't have to suffer alone,l hope the med works for you, good luck x
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Sorry to hear about the nightmares, have you ever had therapy for them? There are certain types of therapy that can tackle flashbacks and nightmares. I am not familiar with the drug in question. The best thing to do is research the drug to see if it's an option for you.
  4. HallaBoaz

HallaBoaz New Member

Ex-Navy with Dad history huh?
    Navy with Dad history here. I'm 3 years into a 6 year contract, and if my experience is anything to go by,
    living with self-righteous bullies as your superiors is kind of hellish after having a home situation like that.
    I'd recommend talking to a psychiatrist. They can provide the therapy, but also can prescribe something if necessary.