nightmares anyone?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by consciousinsane, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

I've been having nightmares the last week or so. Everything from being robbed to mentally abused. I'll wake up from one, go back to sleep and have another. It's gotten to where I'm afraid to go to sleep because I fear what I'll dream next. Is this associated with depression?

I've been depressed off and on for 6 years or better, but I don't remember ever having nightmares until now. :blink:

2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Re: nightmares anyone? *trig*

I have been having one that changes a little every now and then but it's of people mostlt men chasing me and they try and harm me and no matter how many times I kill them, they come back...then they light me on fire, and start torturing me.

that and like flash backs but in a nightmare.

.....sorry you are having a hard time, if you wanna talk about it, I am here. :hug:......

3. try doing lucid dreaming, where you "wake up within the dream" and can then control it. if you control your dreams then you can make them good instead of being forced to endure nightmares.

its not that easy to do lucid dreaming, but if your nightmares are really that bad then i would highly recommending working at it.

4. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

I've heard of that before, but I don't understand how I can "know" that I'm dreaming and try to control it. It would be nice if I could though.

I went to my psyciatrist (sp?) today. He gave me some new medication to reduce my anxiety and help me sleep. I'm hoping that helps if nothing else. Anything would be better than having demons chasing me, people beating the sh!t out of me, and messing with me psycologically. Sometimes it even seems so real that when I do wake up, I'm out of breath and still feel like I'm in the dream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.