nightmares every night

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Fading_Awayy, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Fading_Awayy

Fading_Awayy SF Supporter

i keep having a lot of nightmares it got to the point that every time i go to sleep i beg god that i don't have a new nightmare . its so scary and every time i wake up after a nightmare i wake up feeling like shit and panicking and tired like i didn't even sleep or rest , most of the nightmares are about the fucker who raped me , and the others are random disturbing scary dreams , today the nightmare was that he came to beat the shit out of me and rape me and i couldn't do anything to stop it then the worse part he went to rape my mom and i still couldn't protect her , and a lot of other disturbing nightmares , i'm so tired of it its making me lose my mind , it's making me confused about things that really happened and nightmares , like sometimes i try to remember yesterday and wonder did this really happen or was it a nightmare i can't tell the difference and i'm freaking out
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hi Fading_awayy, I'm Sorry to hear what happened to you and the results of it. It sounds like PTSD, have you seen someone in the medical profession to get some help with it? I'm sure they could give you something medication wise but I'd also think that therapy would be the way to go. It's a terrible thing that happened but a good therapist can help you work through your feelings. You're still young so dealing with the root cause now will make a big difference in how you feel.
    Fading_Awayy likes this.
  3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling with nightmares, they sound horrible.

I agree with Brian, it sounds like PTSD. Is that something you're diagnosed with, and getting help for?
    If not I think you really need to seek it, sooner rather than later. There are meds that can help you, but therapy and counseling is crucial to help you overcome the trauma and the effect this has on you. I am sorry to say this, but things like rape doesn't just fade away if you 'leave it alone'... I wish it did, I really do.

Please take care of yourself. No one deserves to live like this!
    Fading_Awayy likes this.
  4. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for the bad nightmares. I agree with everyone else, it's definitely PTSD. I (and I think many other people here) understand the trauma of rape. I've been where you are and have had the worst and scariest nightmares about it and mine also involved the same person coming back to try and rape me again. Therapy is crucial for nightmares. A therapist can really help you work through that. Is your mind relaxed when you go to sleep? Maybe you can find something that soothes you before bed or just something to do, like reading a book, that you can do until you're so sleepy you don't have energy to think and just drift off. I hope you feel better soon.
    Fading_Awayy likes this.
  5. Fading_Awayy

Fading_Awayy SF Supporter

Thank you guys so much , i am gonna start new meds tomorrow
  6. MisterBGone

Hope that things are going okay! :)