• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Nightmares/PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm getting truly frightening and disturbing nightmares continually. Last nights was so bad that I'd rather not say what was in it, its part of PTSD I think as that is what is coming up in the nightmares, I had this issue before and someone here suggested that I ask my doctor about the medicine prazosin but she refused to give it to me, she said it wouldn't suit me, its not affecting my day though, its just disturbing when I awake... any ideas?

~petal

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
The problem with Prazosin, is that in the UK it's only licensed for use for hypertension, Raynaud's Syndrome, BPH, and congesitve heart failure. It's use for management of PTSD is unlicensed and so may partly explain your doctor's reluctance to prescribe it to you, assuming it was your GP you saw.
Perhaps consulting with a p-doc who will have more experience with such matters and so be able to suggest something which may be of help be it Prazosin or something else?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you both for the helpful replies. It was my GP that refused to prescribe it. My psych is on holiday but I will bring it up at the next appointment, I just want to know about it beforehand, are there any other medicines for nightmares/ PTSD that could be helpful to me?

I appreciate ye're time and support.

Sorry that you've been having nightmares Petal.

You might want to try PM'ing Harmony2. She may have some insights.

I'm guessing that you're only looking for conventional medical treatments, but if you are interested in alternatives, I'd be happy to try to make some suggestions.

I hope that you feel better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00