Nightmares.. *triggering?*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiba

I have no memory of being sexually abused.. Yet recently I've had a few different nightmares.. I'm.. Not sure how much I'm allowed to post about it here (As I've prob not posted in this section).. But when doing things on my own it seems to be triggering "pain attacks" and.. I just went for a walk a few minutes ago to try and calm myself and almost broke down crying on my walk.. :cry:

I'm.. not sure what to do with this.. I guess I'm going to talk to my therapist Monday.. But going for a walk I realized how alone I really am with this.. No one to call.. No one that I can talk to really.. :blub:

Firelord

The best thing you can do is talk with a therapist. At this point you don't know *what* it is and it could very well be something other then repressed memories. Do yourself a favor though, don't go to a hypnotist about this because there's a good chance that memories *will* be implanted into your head. There's a lot of truth to the stories of father's being estranged from their children because of hypnotists implanting false memories into somebodies head.

And if you want to talk, I'm always here. [email protected] if you want to send contact information.

Kiba

Thanks.. No, I wouldn't ever go to see someone like that.. I'll prob talk to my therapist.. Just really bothered me today.. Still feel sick about it..

I do know of other abuse / neglect in my past.. I just haven't really gone much into that..

Thank you for the reply. :hug:

I'm.. not really sure what I'm comfortable saying about it.. I kinda feel maybe I should talk more to my therapist about this as I have a hard time deciding whom to trust..

I guess I just feel kinda alone with this at the moment.. But unsure who to talk to besides her.. and I couldn't at the time I was breaking down..

I've had more then 1 nightmare on the subject.. And I still get really panicky with certain activities and feel a lot of physical pain..

I'll talk to her Monday.. Thx again. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00