nightmares

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by lotte, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotte

lotte Well-Known Member

I have a lot of dreams about my brother physically or sexually abusing me and I really hate it. He has hit me before but never sexually abused me. I have these dreams a lot and in them it feels like I'm being hurt really bad but have absolutely no control over it. Like your limb is being ripped off and you want to scream and you open your mouth and your neck strains and there is pressure in your throat, but no sound comes out. You think, maybe if you could just scream, they would stop ripping your limbs off, but no. This absence of control and power is unpleasant as well. I don't like it. Stupid dreams.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

That sounds so awful...I am so sorry this is happening to you

3. pooky

pooky Forum Buddy

Hmmm...

dreams about my brother physically or sexually abusing me - can indicate that you are a very good human being who is being taken advantage of.

I have these dreams a lot and in them it feels like I'm being hurt really bad but have absolutely no control over it - suggests that you are unable to control the good aspects of your side and it has taken a life of its own and its harming you.Be a little less good and stand for what's on your mind.Be firm with your decision.

Like your limb is being ripped off and you want to scream and you open your mouth and your neck strains and there is pressure in your throat, but no sound comes out. You think, maybe if you could just scream, they would stop ripping your limbs off, but no. - You expect people to be good to you, because you yourself are naturally a good natured person.But,the reality is harsh, and even if you are very good to others don't expect them to be that good to you.Stand up for what you believe in and don't listen to other people ugly advices.Don't let them take advantage of you.

absence of control and power is unpleasant as well. I don't like it. Stupid dreams. - You are probably feeling slightly frustrated.Nothing lasts for ever.Life has its ups and downs.When we are feeling down then that makes us a stronger person and then during the time of joy we can experience the happiness in our lives, never being experienced by you or anyone before.

So, my friend don't feel frustrated, be a little less good, stand up for what you believe in and be firm in your decisions.:sleep:

4. lotte

lotte Well-Known Member

Thank you Sage and Sadeyes for your replies.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That's awful! I am sorry this is happening to you. Just curious, are you on any type of sleeping medication? They can cause wild/vivid dreams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.