Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Special-Agent-Gibbs, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Special-Agent-Gibbs

Special-Agent-Gibbs Safety and Support SF Pro SF Supporter

I am having nightmares every night I can't deal with this anymore. I am afraid to go to sleep I want to cut so badly. I hate myself for letting it happen. I just want to die. :'(
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, so sorry that you going through a tough time. Please do not cut yourself as you do not have to blame yourself for what happened. Please can I recommend that you use a elastic band instead of cutting. Please keep posting as it well you get you through your crisis.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey, not sure what to suggest other than therapy to help you come to terms with the abuse, therapy can help PTSD a lot, please give it a try :hug: and I am sorry you're reliving these horrific experiences.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
  4. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Hello, I'm sorry about what your going through and everything that's happened to you. What are you letting happen? Can you seek some help with your nightmares? You can pm me anytime if you need support :hug:
  5. Special-Agent-Gibbs

Special-Agent-Gibbs Safety and Support SF Pro SF Supporter

All of the stress from not sleeping and the nightmares finally got to me. I ended up calling 911 for an ambulance at 2:00 am because I was having bad chest pains.

God I hate hospitals!!!!
  6. MisterBGone

Me too... I hope you're feeling much better now! Try to get some rest.
  7. Powerpuff

Powerpuff Active Member

Since you posted in this part of the forum I take it that you had a horrible life altering tragedy happen to you. Yes, you will have nightmares, the nightmares have been with me all my life, they don't go away. But you can manage them with help from others. You should seek professional help, maybe even someone to confide in, to let you know that you aren't to blame for what has happened to you. You aren't at fault in any way. Be strong and find someone you can talk to.

I am so sorry, I can't do anything more.
  8. i understand about the flashbacks. They are hard to deal with, they wake me up every night, my chest is pounding even now because I feel like I'm still racing to get away from the pain of the abuser. I've been up now for over an hour and I still have to look over my shoulder because I feel like I'm still there and I will be hurt at any moment. I feel like cutting right now!! I could try to reach out to a crisis line but I've had some very bad experiences with those and I do not want to be forced into a hospital. I just want the pain to stop. I feel shameful because even then and now I feel that because I felt pleasure from the abuse that I must have wanted it. My Therapist tells me it's a natural response and that I did not ask for it. It still does not stop me from feeling sick and disgusted from it.

I really am

Simply Tired
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.