Nightmares

TheChimeraMonster

You're special, sweet child
It has been 4 days since they begun. Today I dreamed about having to put down my mother because she was... posessed? It didnt make any sense, but it doesnt make it less scary. It was somewhat of a lucid dream, and I did it with my own hands.
I feel bad, and my mind is torturing me for no reason.
I can't sleep

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
It has been 4 days since they begun. Today I dreamed about having to put down my mother because she was... posessed? It didnt make any sense, but it doesnt make it less scary. It was somewhat of a lucid dream, and I did it with my own hands.
I can't sleep
That really sucks. They seem so real. My mother, when I would wake up would calm me down and say, "it's only a dream".

I did have one last night too. So vivid. I sometimes wonder if people from another time are trying to tell me something, it was 2 men on the end, being let down by rope a very long wall that they didn't expect. I think they made it. *hug10 Thank you for letting me share that

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
I can't sleep
4 days is a long time @TheChimeraMonster. Do you think the dreams or nightmares mean something?

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I'm not an expert on dreams, but I do know that it's your subconscious trying to tell you something, and not necessarily what you think. It may have nothing at all to do with your mother or being possessed. Everything symbolizes something. So for example, if you're dreaming that you're at a restaurant called Sherry's Diner, what the dream could actually be saying is that you forgot to buy that bottle of Sherry you wanted to buy. The subconscious works in weird ways.

Bergerac

On a more practical note, as is stated above: the unravelling of why we dream what we do, what is in the unconscious, can be extremely long and arduous, and often impossible to achieve.
Better to try and fathom objectively, things that are causing your anxiety in your everyday life and try and deal with those, if that's at all possible.
In that sense, they'll be no need for the mind to try and eject them during the night and make sense of them. That might help reduce the nightmares, if it's not medication-related etc.
Hopefully you can think of what it might be. I'm genuinely sorry you're going through this, as I'm sure it means you wake up with terrible anxiety and are drained, both mentally and physically.

TheChimeraMonster

I'm not an expert on dreams, but I do know that it's your subconscious trying to tell you something, and not necessarily what you think. It may have nothing at all to do with your mother or being possessed. Everything symbolizes something. So for example, if you're dreaming that you're at a restaurant called Sherry's Diner, what the dream could actually be saying is that you forgot to buy that bottle of Sherry you wanted to buy. The subconscious works in weird ways.
it's strange, I have dreamed about my family a lot these days, Idk why tho. Maybe, im just scared from all this shit happening

TheChimeraMonster

Sorry that you're going through this Chi

There are a few things that might help with sleep and nightmares, idk if you want suggestions.

I hope things can get better soon
tbh i would love suggestions, im not being able to sleep so, yeah, my mood is going crazy these days

TheChimeraMonster

On a more practical note, as is stated above: the unravelling of why we dream what we do, what is in the unconscious, can be extremely long and arduous, and often impossible to achieve.
Better to try and fathom objectively, things that are causing your anxiety in your everyday life and try and deal with those, if that's at all possible.
In that sense, they'll be no need for the mind to try and eject them during the night and make sense of them. That might help reduce the nightmares, if it's not medication-related etc.
Hopefully you can think of what it might be. I'm genuinely sorry you're going through this, as I'm sure it means you wake up with terrible anxiety and are drained, both mentally and physically.
the theme of the dreams have been about pain, from what i can gather, pain of losing, the physical one, the psychological one.

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Staff Alumni
I find dreams truly fascinating. Even the scary ones. Because I truly feel that they all mean something, whether it’s your subconscious telling you you’d forgotten something or that your gut is trying to tell you something. There’s all different reasons for vivid dreams.
I had vivid dreams when I was pregnant with both of my daughters but it was my hormones and the same as someone else said changing your meds can have a massive effect on that too. It’s a very strange thing dreams. I wish I knew the answer to help you

TheChimeraMonster

I find dreams truly fascinating. Even the scary ones. Because I truly feel that they all mean something, whether it’s your subconscious telling you you’d forgotten something or that your gut is trying to tell you something. There’s all different reasons for vivid dreams.
I had vivid dreams when I was pregnant with both of my daughters but it was my hormones and the same as someone else said changing your meds can have a massive effect on that too. It’s a very strange thing dreams. I wish I knew the answer to help you
its okay, this is one of those things that i need to see, at least is what i believe in, sometimes, we need to experience this kind of thing to build ourselves. Its just, hard to not be able to sleep

Ixtab

I was on a med that gave nightmares as a side effect for 14 years.

It sucks and they're scary but many dreams idk the meaning, I just try to remember when I wake up not to over react. They can't hurt you, though it is very unpleasant, try to get sleep anyway.

I'm on a anti nightmare med now, it works.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Weirdly there was a sleep expert being interviewed on a program yesterday. She said there's been a huge surge in people reporting sleep problems and nightmares during the pandemic due to underlying stress of the situation and worry about those close to us.

She said a good way to try and combat nightmares is for an hour before you fall asleep to focus on memories or things that make you happy, really concentrate on them.
If you have any recurring nightmares try to think about them during the day and put a different ending on it. If you do it often enough it will stay in your mind and change the dream to the one you've made up yourself.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00