Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Little_me, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I've got weird nightmares for some weeks. It's always about tsunamis (a huge wave that follows an earthquake by the sea) on different places. Once it was on the coast of Oregon where I used to live, this night it was at my summer place by the sea.
    The tsunamis come every 10 minutes, and are more than 100 feet high. I know that it's not possible in real life, but I don't get that when I'm dreaming, because I see it happen.
    For some reason, I always survive- I quickly hide underground, no one wants to follow me for some reason. All the people around me dies. First, it was grandpa. This night it was my brothers' turn... What does this mean? It scares me a lot.
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hiya ..

strange u shud write this because i have simular dreams! i see the tsnuami hit all the buildings in my dream getting closer and closer.. then my whole house gets filled with water and i have 2 try and swim out .. but i dont make it and i die..
    it scares me alot aswel .. and im sorry i dont know what it means ..
    im sure there is some psychological reason behind it all though ..
    i remember watching it on the tv being rather scared .. mabye that has something 2 do with it .. where i live in the uk .. the chances of there being one that reaches me are more than slim .. it wont happen unless some meteor comes crashing down in the english channel lol ..
    sorry i know this doesnt give u answers ..

3. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

i dream about sex and wake up horny as hell :brett:
  4. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

that was pertinent,christian., I think it is very common.I often dream about catastrophe's and fear losing loved ones,etc.The symbolism varies ...but to me it seems to be trying to survive in a world that is well..catastrophic at times..and how much easier it would be to try to survive a tsunami than to simply get through my normal life and every day trials and tribulations.
  5. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

I hate nightmares that involve loved ones =( Im uber close to my dad & I always have nightmares about him getting hurt or being seperated from me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.