nightmares...

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by MourningAngel, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

I've been having nightmares for over a week now. They're not like my usual ones: the same dream returning every night,see someone close to me dying and waking up from it
    these nightmares don't wake me up but the next morning I can remember them, they don't repeat themselves, it's a different dream everynight (usually 2 greams)
    I manage to forget most of them during the day but I can rememder that they're all about my old school, memories(not good ones obviously, as if I had good ones anyway...), i left it 2 months ago and I'm on another school now, but there's one dream I can remember clearly: I'm back in my old school again but realise that I shouldn't be there, that I'm in the wrong school.
    Now I'm scared that I have to go back to my old school, wich can't happen, but it scares the hell out of me. It's not logical!
    I don't want to go to sleep at night but I know I have to 'cause I have to get up early in the mornings and can't afford being tired in school (I tend to fall asleep during lessons)
    adding to this all is that although the nightmares don't wake me I still wake up roughly every 1-2 hours
    neither my therapist nor my councellor could help me with this yet :sad:
    what can I do?

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

When I have these kinds of dreams, it's usually anxiety because I feel vulnerable. Are you comfortable at your new school?

:hug:

3. MourningAngel

yes, i am, my new school is great :biggrin:
    i enjoy going there and i'm neither an outsider nor a victim for bullies anymore

4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I have read (do not have the source currently) that when one dreams of the death or injury of someone who is close to them, it is becuase they don't want anything to happen to them.

I do know the conncection and analysis. Just know I read about it some time ago.

5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear things are going well at your new school. This is very good for you. I have found that when I am safe some of my old feelings start coming up and that may be the source of your dreams. It's ok, you'll work through them and they will stop.

6. Astarael

Astarael Member

Just wanted to say that I hope your nightmares have let up, and that you are having sweet dreams now. :sleepy:

7. MourningAngel

their not as frightening anymore and not so frequent anymore either
    but the dreams get weirder and weirder :blink: but at least they don't scare the hell out of me anymore :smile:
    thx for your concern :hug:

8. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hello there. I'm glad you're doing better these days. Sometimes I have those sort of dreams when there's stuff I'm trying NOT to think about while I'm awake. It's helped me sometimes to spend a few minutes actively thinking about those things, admitting I'm worried/upset about whatever, and then telling myself, "Can't resolve it tonight. Guess I'll get some sleep instead."

Don't know if that works for others. Worth a try, anyhow. Sleep well tonight, hun!

A.

9. MourningAngel

the dreams finally stopped completely, now i can truelly sleep peacefully again :robin: :smile:

10. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

used to have nightmares about zombies everynight. soon as i figured out what they were trying to tell me, they stopped and havent come back

11. neverwanted

neverwanted Well-Known Member

I have dreams about zombies all the time, mainly me running away from them and trying to go to a loved ones house to rescue them.

What do they mean? They are really vivid and really scary, i wake up with the sweats and i am never sure if it was a dream or real?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.