No alarm please

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by boo, Oct 6, 2010.

Snooze on or off?

1. Snooze on please! I love my sleep.

2. Snooze off! I'm not wasting time in bed!

3. What in the world is wrong with everyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

The modern alarm clock or more to the point, its snooze button, has dramatically altered my life and stolen countless hours of personal productivity. (right)
    The whole purpose of the snooze button is to prolong the agony of having to untangle from your mushy warm partner and slowly acclimate yourself to the inevitable sniff of the morning air.

Why does it even exist? Why tempt us to hit it so we can pretend the alarm didn't go off and the whole wide world isn't waiting for us....? I swear, that evil button from hell was invented by a masochistic person.

Let's face it, the snooze is an abomination and should be replaced with a bucket of cold water. I'm sure those engineers can work something out.

But my question is, are you a snoozer? and how many time do you hit that damn button before you are convince that yes, i'm awake....

Or perhaps you're one of those people that jump right out of bed zooming to the jungle city...?

I also knew people who always used to get up before their alarm. Scarrry....
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

hm... I haven't used an alarm clock in about 5 years. XD
    I probably was a snoozer?
    hm... nope, no... scratch that. *if* I did manage to get to sleep for once, and wasn't already up by the time the clock went off, I'd likely shoot straight out of bed once the alarm went off. Any slight noise would wake me out of a 'dead sleep' < if I ever got that far.
  3. No_Life

No_Life Well-Known Member

my alarm is too far from my bed and id have to open the lid to snooze anyway. unfortunately getting out of bed is such a struggle that i usually just sleep right through it, or lie in bed ignoring it
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I've recently got into the habit of a single snooze. :(
  5. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

I absolutely hate the sound of an alarm clock going off! D:<
    They designed it all too well. T_T
    But for some reason, if I ever do set an alarm to wake up to, my body will wake me up a little bit before.
    I usually just turn off the alarm at that point and resume my peaceful sleep. xD
    I do love my sleep when I'm able to get a good one.
  6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I keep hitting the snooze button till there's no time left and then I'm rushing around trying not to be late for my appointment...
    so much easier to just get up when the darned things starts the first time..
    winter is the hardest...who wants to leave a warm cosy bed then!!
  7. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I hit snooze for around an hour every morning. It's terrible, I hate it. I wish snooze buttons were never created. I don't have the self control to deal with them!
  8. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

lol im the one who never has it on but
    somehow my body wakes me up at 5am regardless.
    internal alarm clock!
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Alison, put your clock further away from you so you have to get up to turn it off, or use an alarm on your computer or cell phone or something.
  10. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Yeah- it's impossible for my brother to wake up in the morning because he always turns his clock off IN HIS SLEEP.
    The trick for him is to set 3 alarm clocks in the far corners of his room. Each one goes off a couple of minutes after the last and he has to wake up and physically get out of bed to turn it off.
    By the time the third one goes off, he's awake.
    lol's really annoying.
    Sometimes he will sleep through the alarms and I end up getting out of bed and stomping over to his room- to turn them off because; fuck, they are ANNOYING!
  11. Kemra

Kemra Well-Known Member

When I was a teen my snooze button was the only part of my alarm clock I liked, as I got older I started waking up before the alarm went off. Nowadays I don't need an alarm clock, the nurses wake me up if I sleep too long >.<
    Like this morning lol, slept till 8.30 and probably would have slept later if not for the knock on my door and the nurse calling out 'Tom, time for breakfast.'
  12. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I set my alarm for 6 and hit the snooze until 20 past.

Sometimes my body will naturally wake me up.

My sleeping patterns are pretty all over the place so it varies.
  13. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I miss my iphone alarm clock. That thing is so loud it could wake a hibernating bear.
  14. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

sleep in for as long as possible
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.