no body ever tells me anything

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by justmeonlyme, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

so i found out today that my mum is still taking anti depressants she went on them about a year after my dad left us that was 8years ago that he left i thought she had been off them for a few years but no turns out shes still taking them... idk it might not seem like a big deal but there is alot of things to do with the anti depressants that have effected the relationship i have with my mum so yea... idk it just kinda scares me... im not really ready to shear how it effected things just yet i might one day but im not ready yet... but just knowing she still on them kinda scares me for a couple of reasons actuality theres like coz a few people have told me to go to the doc and ask about anti depressants and its like if i did what if i end up like my mum becoming dependant on them for so many years... and 2 what if it effects me in the way it effected mum (might get into that another day) 3 what if it doesnt help and 4 (slightly contradictory to number 3) what if it does help... i no it helping shouldnt scare me but it does im not even sure why thought so yea... idk

2. toffeekitten

toffeekitten Well-Known Member

:hug: I would find it a big deal if my mum had kept something like that from me. not all meds make you dependant, yes its a risk but if you go on meds they will be specifically for you, so they may not effect you the same way as they have your mum. if they dont work then you dont lose anything from trying do you? :p and if they do then its a good thing :D
    take care xxxxx

3. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

hello hun :hug: things can often be like this in my family, people think they are protecting you by not telling you but they dont seem to understand it can acutally cause more damage than it can good :hug: have you tried to talk to your mom about this? maybe if you cant talk to her how about writing her a letter expresing your concern and worries ? hope things improve soon hun as you deserve it :hug:

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I don't know what happened with your Mum on the meds but if she needs them to survive then she has no choice....
    a mental illness needs to be treated as does any illness...sometimes that means meds...
    if she knows you don't approve then that's why she hasn't told you ..
    It's really a matter of finding the right one that suits with the least side affects....
    they certainly have helped me...

5. justmeonlyme

maddy i cant talk to her about things...

she hasn't a clue about how i feel about them.... and i understand it needs to be treated as does every illness... i cant really explain things probably unless i tell you what used to happen but im not ready to shear that just yet so yea... im sorry i shouldnt have even made this thread sorry for wasting peoples time

6. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

Hun, u have no reason to appolagise, and you have not wasted anyones time, i can completely understand where you are coming from and it must have come as a great shock to you to find out. Its fine if your not ready to talk about the past things, as i am like that, keep a lot locked in, one day you may want to share it and if you do then i will be there to listen if you want me to :hug: is there anyone else you can talk to about how you feel? family? teachers? friends?

7. justmeonlyme

thanks maddy :hug: ummm not really... i dont even no why i made this thread tbh... i dont wanta think about things anymore i wanta go back to when i didnt think about things when i just pushed things away everything was so much easyer then not having to deal with things...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2010
  8. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

there reaches a time that we cant jsut block everything out anymore, and its only by addressing these feelings about certain things, that we can move on :hug: always here for you hun u no where i am if u need me x

9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

You haven't wasted my time hun..take care..:hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.