1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No career and lost everything

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Hache, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I've pretty much been posting this same line every month for a while now, adding 1 more month to the total.

I have been unemployed for 5 months since leaving University. Next week I start a temporary christmas job stacking shelves in a shop.

University ending meant moving back to my home town, so I have no independence and I have no friends anymore, no social life.

I don't have a future, no career, I don't see where new friends are going to come from, I don't know when I will get independence back. I don't feel like I am me anymore, I am just this rotting being sitting infront of a computer screen waiting for a chance to come along. I have applied for well over 100 jobs. I had an interview for one, he said he'd be in touch, he never got in touch, two weeks later they posted the job advert online again, thats how I found out I didn't get it.

Knowing people I knew have lives, or people I see with lives makes me feel worse.

There isn't really any point anymore. I had a nice little world set up at University, now I am just a small nobody. I don't belong in the real world, it doesn't want me either.

I've had a couple of speeches indirectly aimed at me, rants about how people can't give up, look at those in Africa etc. I know that was at me. I've had another about how gay people should come out and not be afraid. I know that was at me, I'm not gay but people at home have never seen me with a girl. I've had things said straight to me about being patient and how its tough but it'll be fine, the thing is they started saying that 4 months ago, the line has ran its course, its time to be realistic, I am nothing.

2. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, I was unemployed for more than a year after graduating from college, I still havent found a real job, only temp work, and none of it in my field. its a kak situation.

3. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Indeed and 3 people who got worse grades than me have all landed jobs.

Its starting to get to the point where i'll be untouchable to employers, if I haven't reached that already, I had 2 interviews in recent weeks and both said "so you started job hunting in May? why haven't you had a job since"... why do you think you morons.