No choice

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mickc1303, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickc1303

mickc1303 Member

About a year ago I was accused of abusing my daughter by a vindictive ex. After going through a year of hell then thinking it was all over the police have took my ex's side and I now have to goto court. I feel no matter what happens my life is no longer worth living. I can't see my beautiful daughter. People I thought where friends have turned against me. I've had no support from anyone to deal with this. The doctor reckons I need counselling but four months on I am still waiting.
    Anyway to but a long story short I am now hundreds of miles from home with no money and suicide seems the best solution. I just can't take any more.
  2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum..
    I'm glad you've come here in your time of need.

Why has your ex accussed you of abusing your daughter? Why're they so vindictive towards you? :hug:
  3. mickc1303

mickc1303 Member

She was ok until she started a new relationship and had a son then her attitude totally changed.
    Because of the political climate in the uk now even with hearsay you are subjected to a court case
  4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Obviously you've explained to the police, all this?
    I'd strongly suggest a lawyer, first of all, if you don't have one already..

Re: support, you joining here is a start :)
  5. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

6. mickc1303

mickc1303 Member

Yeah I've already explained this to police. Got a lawyer who tells me I have nothing to worry about. But as the date draws nearer, three days, I feel worse and worse.
    I just can't go through with it. Anyway it's immaterial now. I have made up my mind. Been sitting here looking at sea for last couple of hours. Once it becomes dark. Thanks for taking the time to respond
  7. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

you can always change your mind, right up until the last minute. remember that.

please reconsider.

i sincerely hope the court case goes your way, and when it does, your daughter will need you in her life. don't give up yet.

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear that you have been falsely accused of such a terrible thing. I do hope you are vindicated and all accusations put to rest so you can resume a healthy relationship with your daughter. Don't give up. Prove your innocence. :hug:
  9. mickc1303

mickc1303 Member

Well I am still here. Spent all night watching the sea. Didn't have the courage to jump in
  10. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i'm glad you are still around. that 'lack of courage' as you call it is actually that tiny part of you that knows that it isn't about wanting to die, it's about wanting the pain to stop. and who wouldn't want that? i can only imagine what a terrible toll the court case is taking on you. is there anyone, other than us of course, that you can confide in? i have found that it really helps to have as many supports as possible when i am suicidal.
  11. Fishman

Fishman Guest

Talk to your lawyer about it, I doubt they can prove beyond reasonable doubt with out any evidence...but then again i'm not a British law expert and don't know the circumstances fully. why would your ex do such a thing?
  12. mickc1303

mickc1303 Member

No I am in an isolated place 100's of miles from home with only a mobile phone, which is nearly out of battery, for company.
  13. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

first things first..

step one... recharge the phone
    step two... put the suicide hotline on speed dial
    step three... stay away from the water

please hang on. remember, your daughter needs you.
  14. mickc1303

mickc1303 Member

No way to recharge phone. No options left. Sick of being cold and wet
  15. Kimi

Kimi Well-Known Member

Where are you now? I have sent a PM to you. Please check..
  16. mickc1303

mickc1303 Member

Just an update:

I faced up to things and went to the police a few days later. I ended up being remanded in prison for several months while the case went on. Eventally it went to court and got thrown out.

My life has changed forever because of this allegation but I need to say thanks to the members of this forum for the kind words of support which gave me the strength to carry on and face up to things.

My next step is to pursue counselling and regain contact with my daughter.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to respond and/or sent me private messages of support.

My final message goes to anyone who thinks that you can't go on. Please avail yourself of the help and support available in this forum. No matter how bad things seen life is always the better option.

Regards. Mick.
  17. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

hi mick

im glad u came through hunni

take care

jo x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.