No Contact letters, struggling

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Michaela, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Michaela

Michaela Member

I just finished writing four (!) No Contact letters. I'm pretty much broken down right now and just want to disappear and make it all go far far far away. So yeah, I could use someone to talk to...
    chiaroscura likes this.
  2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

OK, I have lived, I think of myself as a well worn boot. But what is a No Contact letter? Looks like I need to revert to my old friend google again.
  3. chiaroscura

chiaroscura BestTimePlantTree?100 YearsAgo. NextBestTime?Now. SF Supporter

Michaela, we haven't properly "met" here yet, but I wanted you to know that I care about you and these rough spots you are courageously enduring. I don't know what a No Contact letter is either, but I imagine it is a warning letter to make certain people stay away, and that it is step one in getting a court order for them to stay away? Just a guess. We're all here for you, 24/7. I hope things improve quickly, and that everything works just the way you want it to. Luv, Chia PS If it's about husband or partner and teenagers by any chance, we have two other people in that same mess right now, and you three could really do a group hug on that topic. xo
  4. Michaela

Michaela Member

Yes, Chia, you're right. It can, obviously take different forms, but it's indeed a letter to inform people that you choose to no longer have any contact and that you want them to stay away. If necessary it would indeed be the first step towards legal action. Thank you for the support. It's not about a husband/partner, but it is about immediate family. I'll be discussing the letters with my therapist today, and considering that I kept crying over this last night, I don't expect it to be much fun...
    chiaroscura likes this.
  5. Deety

Deety Well-Known Member

Hugs to you Michaela. This sounds like a positive step you're taking, I hope the discussion with your therapist gives you some relief from the pain you are feeling.
  6. chiaroscura

chiaroscura BestTimePlantTree?100 YearsAgo. NextBestTime?Now. SF Supporter

Comfort to you, strength, and a feeling of relief from SOMEwhere/ My heart is overnight-expressing these things to you right now.
  7. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hi Michaela, I am Mox

Thank you for joining us at SF. Just know when you are here you are safe. Your among friends.

If you feel like it would help you to share more of what is going on with you than please do so in the My Story forum. I invite you to read my story in green at the bottom of the reply. Let's be honest for a second, you stumbled across because you were googling stuff how to commit suicide or something to that nature (at least i did). We care about you and we want you to be safe. If you think you are in any danger to yourself please go to the nearest ER and get the help you need, the help you deserve.

I am glad you are already seeing a therapist and working on your problems. I am sure writing those letters was not easy. I am sure what you are going through is not easy. Telling four members of your family to stay away is not easy. I know you must have a good reason to do so. I am sure this was very upsetting for you. Please feel free more of what is going on with you and we will do our best to give you emotional support. The more you share, the more we can help you. Feel free to vent or let some steam off if you feel like you need too. That is fine, we are here for you.

We Are Here For You

Take Care of Yourself
    chiaroscura likes this.