NO direction

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cloud9, May 1, 2012.

1. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I feel insecure, lack confidence, self esteem and don't have a clue as to where I am headed. I've been working less than a year after graduation and I'm scared. I don't know if that's the right word. Other people look so put together. My senior is good at what he does and he knows exactly what he wants. He went after a transfer to corp finance and he got it. He may get to go to la for work and you know what he deserves it. But where do I fit? I'm so unhappy. I feel like a zombie at my job. My senior manager praised me little bit but I didn't feel it. I'm still always scared that something is going to blow up or go wrong. I mean it's bound to. I've stopped hangIng out with my university friends. I'm embarrassed to tell them that I don't have a direction or goal. They all have an idea as to what they want to accomplish but I don't. Will I like medicine? I'm scared that I may not. If I don't then what then? How can I be this way when I have a girlfriend? She needs someOne who is strong. I want to find something I'm passionate about but what if I don't? I'm so worried. Why can't I be like my senior. I realize this is my fault that I haven't decided what I want. But how do I make that decision...
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your senior probably struggled as well to decide his path you do what is your passion what will bring joy to you Your gf sees something special in you or she would not be your gf hugs