No drama :)

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Esmeralda, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Try to describe your depression/problem(s) with NO drama.

What I mean is, try to take the emotion itself out of it and rationally describe your feelings. Can it be done?
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think it can :smile:

My problem is I refuse to grow up and do things for myself. It's reflected in my body by a constant shortness of breath and panic from being afraid to speak whatever words I refuse to let come out. It ultimately comes down to being afraid of change.

It helps a great deal to look at the situation rationally :smile:. The phrases like, "I don't deserve," "I can't" etc. I think get taken out of the equation more often when you are explaining your situation rationally.
  3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

"My 'problems' stem from self-righteous people who think they are entitled to violate my privacy, my body and my life and then tell me to keep quiet about their actions."

How's that?

When it comes to using language, there is always an emotion or underlying meaning, feeling or intention beneath it. The full complexity of the feeling might only be appreciated by the person writing, or sensitive readers who can pick up on those feelings. Emotions do not have to be explicit or glare at you from a sentence.

Can you phrase your question without any emotion? I mean, looking at just seeps emotion to me. :smile:

P.S I'm not depressed.
  4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Holy [self-edit]! Me too! Just started to grow up myself! I thought it would be so scary (never had a real job, perpetual student, etc.), but now I'm doing what I LOVE (not great money, but who cares!) and doing much better now. I really hope you find your calling no matter what, because doing what you love makes all the difference!

FYI, I got a Master's degree and am now employed doing something that has NOTHING to do with my education but I love it!

Funny how that works.

I feel like an actual adult for the first time :) It's pretty fun actually. Trust me, it CAN be done!
  5. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

i'm unable to get back to work and my sons best friend passed away
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

What are you doing? :biggrin:
    Yes anyone should only ever be doing what they love to do :biggrin:

I thought it could be done, not many people have told me that before though.

That's so great to hear!
    Yeah it is really scary. I've always had girlfriends, well I've always picked out girlfriends that basically would have taken care of me the rest of my life if I'd stayed with them. Like a mom. But I always broke it off because a big part of me knows that's not what I really want.

Anyway. hooray for growing up :laugh:
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm just a person that needs a good kick in the butt. I could achieve a lot in life if I had more faith in myself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.