no emotions?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nofx, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nofx

nofx New Member

im not sure why i dont have any emotions anymore, i gave up on a lot of stuff after trying and failing, i cant laugh or cry anymore, i just feel like a waste of space, anyone else have the same feeling, like they have no emotions, this has been going on for months now, i was just wondering it there is somthing wrong with me?

2. Laus

Laus Member

First and foremost, just because you don't have any emotions, does not make you a waste of space. I cry a lot less and I don't laugh. I think my medication has played a part in this, though. Are you on meds? People who suffer from depression often lose the will to live or to try... it's hard when you cannot express yourself the way that everyone else does. All I can offer you is understanding and support.

3. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

You cant say you have no emotions. You think about yourself, you are depressed, thats an emotion. You have them, they are probably hidden inside because of something. Try to find what is it.

4. Laus

Laus Member

Crying and laughing are outlets, though. I don't think the OP means that he or she can't feel... depression encompasses a whole host of emotions... but, sometimes, a person can feel emotionally numb.

OP, do you know when you started to feel (or not feel, in your case) like this? Did something happen or has it just come out of the blue?

5. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

I am fairly close to being emotionless and shutting down. I can still laugh and cry sometimes but mostly now I feel empty..empty shell. I don't know how I could help you with this but just wanted to let you know i understand a bit. :hug:

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Also, remember that just because you don't show your emotions doesn't mean that your emotionless. I can't cry anymore even if I'm sad, the tears just won't come. As long as still love and care about people, then its perfectly fine if you don't show your emotions. :hug:

7. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Its a symptom of deep depression : the emotions grow numb, and you cease to really care about anything. I guess its just the mind's way of coping with too much pain.

When your depression lifts a little, your regular emotions will start to return.

You are not emotionless.

8. Ugly

Ugly Active Member

Just be glad u aren't ugly because it doesn't matter how much confidence you have

9. Lost Forever

Lost Forever Well-Known Member

i don't have emotions too

10. Falcon0006

Falcon0006 Well-Known Member

Yes it is the sign of depression, when you are happy and have a sense of humour you will laugh, when you are sad you will cry, When you get sad and cry a lot you begin to get into a state of sadness, usually one can get out of this, but then it becomes a Pattern, and the sadness stay's there's no getting back to balancing between sad and happy and neutral times, your just kind of stuck in sad, and from then on there's not really a reason to cry.

Your used to being sad, its becoming a Bit of a routine, so you no longer feel the need to cry.

11. pit

pit Well-Known Member

No emotion
    Death is all I see

Modulistic terror
    A vast sadistic feast
    The only way to exit
    Is going piece by piece - Slayer 1986

12. peacegirl

peacegirl Well-Known Member

Someone asked if you were on medication. Anti-depressents can play havoc with your ability to feel strong emotions. People say they feel flat. They can't cry but they also can't laugh. Depression probably causes the same experience since the neurotransmitters in the brain get depleted. So it makes sense that when your depression lifts (and it always does by changing negative thoughts to positive thoughts), you will get your emotions back. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.