no escape anymore

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by normaljoe, Feb 8, 2013.

1. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

This site has helped me a lot so I am once again turning to it to alleviate my growing anger. I no longer have any escape from my depression and anger. It finds me on good days, surrounds me on the days I just give up fighting. and now is in my dreams. I dont recall ever dreaming about what i was depressed and angry about until now. normally a nap can help to neutralize my mood or help to relax me but not anymore. I honestly just want to stop all cognitive thought at this point. its so tiring, but what are you supposed to do when you cant even avoid your tormentor in your dreams.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

dreams are a way of releasing the tension inside us hun I hope in time the dreams become less are you talk to your therapist or doctor Try to go to be with music playing ok sometimes that helps hugs
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Have you talked to anyone, or just tried venting? It might be that your mind is trying to find an outlet for what's going on, and if you try to let it out in other ways, maybe that would help.
  4. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

No, I do not have a therapist. I have not had one in 2-3 years? I should probably be going to see one but its difficult at this point in time. Military really frowns upon the whole depression thing. I scream suicidal thoughts or hint at it and I get recommended for a medical board for discharge. That road does not lead anywhere for me that I want to travel. I was told just don't mention that but I am pretty sure you all know how hard it can be to neglect to mention something like that to a counselor. Its almost impossible to censor during a session