No Friends?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Disappear, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

I pretty much have no friends. I mean I don't know anyone in this city.
    I see lots of other people on here are forever talking about their friends. I think I disgust people or there's something people hate about me. For me to have none. I want to know if I am the only one with no friends?:bubble:
  2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

your not the only one...I have one friend but I barely see her so its like I have no one to really hang out with, talk to and go out...I'm pretty much alone all the time...
  3. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Nope, you're not the only one. I have acquaintances who I'd say hello to on the street or study with but I can't really phone them up and ask them to go out or anything. I've cut-off contacts with them though so now I have virtually nobody I can talk to or anything. They probably hated me and I hate them anyway.
  4. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

I have absolutely NO FRIENDS...i spend days without using my mouth(not kidding)...i even forget how to talk...I have nobody to talk to :cry: im so lonely :cry:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2009
  5. Disappear

:hug: It's not a nice place to be ..
  6. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

7. will_1957

will_1957 Well-Known Member

Don't have any friends. I had sort of a friend a while ago but we stopped hanging out a long time ago. I avoid talking to anyone unless it is absolutely necessary.

I'm not particularly interesting or likable so I understand why people are not very fond of me. And to be honest I think I could manage without friends if I really had to. I've spent years without any meaningful contact with others so I think I can do fine without them for a while longer...
  8. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

You are among plenty of company, in this forum and in the world.

The funny thing is that you feel like you are the only one alone and depressed because all of us are also are isolated themselves, myself included. And I think we would best relate to those like us. There should seriously be a "Lonely People" club and I bet we'd actually go out and join it, since we may feel we just can't connect and relate to "normal" people. This is at least how I feel, I don't want to sound like a jerk and speak for everybody.
  9. raincloud

raincloud Well-Known Member

I have friends now, but I have gone YEARS without friends. It's really awful, I know! The end of that came when my mother died and I didn't have a single person to call to tell. That was really, really depressing. I've gotten more social, but I do withdraw a lot. I've withdrawn lately and I'm worried about losing the few friends I have. I actually am likeable and interesting, but I've been so depressed lately that I just don't want to see people.
  10. Disappear

Hehe, yes that sounds like a great idea, I'd love to start up something like that. But because it's like a norm to have friends, I feel like a complete loser. And when my workmates ask what I did on the weekend or whatever they just assume I hang out with friends. I try to avoid all conversations like that, it's just too embarrassing to admit I'm friend-less! It's like you need friends to make friends. Argh, bad cycle.
  11. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

I find 'friends' to be a nuisance. I have none, and have not had any for roughly 14 years. It's nothing for me to be ashamed about, as it is my preference.
  12. Disappear

It's good if it is a personal chioce I suppose. But don't you ever feel like talking to someone? hanging out with someone? lonely?Maybe you are close to your family.
  13. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

The only friends I have are the ones I have made here on the forum..Two of which we email each other dailey.. As for friends here where I live.. I haven't had any in twenty years..I isolate myself so I really don't miss them.. Besides all they ever wanted to do was get high.,.That part of my life is over..
  14. plates

plates Well-Known Member

No but I feel really excited 'bout meeting new people. I think I'm coming out of 2 years in hiding recovering from my ED, (it was crucial to isolate and re think my relationships) and I just feel excited!! There are so called friends I've had in real life in the past, that weren't friends at all, they damaged me and used many people might be with 'friends' to just declare to the world that they are in a group cos they feel insecure. It might be pure hell for them but they feel secure in a group rather than alone. Or they might feel desperately alone by themselves. I'd rather be alone, and happy which I am now, rather than with friends in real life who aren't good for me.

I know. It's like slow death..I feel so much happier by myself and healing without people who were gonna hinder my recovery.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009
  15. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

You're not the only one without friends. There's an old saying that if you've made just ONE true friend in your lifetime, then you've been blessed. It's a funny world we live in.
  16. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I believe this too. I think I've made honest connections with people, I do it a lot. Maybe cos I'm that type of person, I'm naturally curious about people and love talking to them. That was enough for me in terms of social contact. But when it comes to a true friend, I do believe they are very few and far between. Maybe I experienced it with my ex for a while. Maybe I'm lucky that way.
  17. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

no friends here either.
  18. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

I understand how you all feel, i've always been alone, and will definately die alone, ive tried to connect with people my whole life, but its futile, and every failure tears me apart. As ive stated in some of my threads, people just dont like me for some reason, i have some major flaw that i cannot see or understand, that alienates me from others. But somebody once said "to live a truly happy life, do not tie yourself to people or things, but goals". Which is what ive started to do, and it really helps.
  19. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I moved back in with my mom just over a year ago and I haven't made a single friend yet.
    It's hard to make friends outside of a work/school environment... I think it's that way with everyone.

Some people just aren't interested in making *new* friends and end up letting you down when you think you've met someone who will be a friend.

Any of my old friends from college/highschool- I don't talk to anymore.
    I've been irritated because all they want to do is ask me a million questions about shit I don't feel like discussing, and in the end they've got nothing good to say about it- and don't cheer me up at all.

You're not the only one without friends. Not the only person who is alone.
  20. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Nope I don't have any friends. I know a few people from my college who I talk to sometimes on msn or when I see them around college but I don't have any friends to go out with or speak to on the phone or anything like that. I suppose they're more 'acquaintances'. I find it really hard to make friends or to keep the ones I do get. And when people get too close I start to push them away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.